cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted calls

AntonyS_2633092
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

getting lots of calls from private 07 number saying that they are from EE and they are going to cut my phone off tried blocking but the numbers that they are using keep getting through 

2 REPLIES 2

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Tell them "Go ahead champ, I'm not on EE".

In all seriousness, you could install an app like Truecaller to help block spam calls, plus you can set iPhones (and I'd guess most Androids) to silence unknown callers (i.e. calls from numbers not stored in your phone).

If none of the above works for you, you could chat to Smarty support and ask for a number change.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AntonyS_2633092  Unfortunately, there are loads of similar 'spam' calls constantly.

It is best to simply hang up, but I do understand how irritating it is. In our house, we like to have a bit of a game with them when they call and carry on the chat before firmly explaining that we are not customers of their network (that's the polite version)

Regrettably, even if you change number, some other chancers will call you. I suspect that they use automatic diallers that can call a great many numbers. If they get an answer, they then try the scam. A clue is that sometimes when you answer there is a slight delay before they speak.