cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two numbers ?

Liam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Has anyone else had the issue on an android phone, where when you use normal texts it is your normal transferred number, but when you use chat texts it uses your temporary given number ?

11 REPLIES 11

JamesGa_1735985
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can't say I have had that issue. Once transferred I was on my existing number 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Not sure if this will be helpful, but certainly for an iPhone, you need to change the number in the Settings so that the phone 'knows' its own number.

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @Liam as @MSF said, this is something you usually need to change on the settings on your phone - amending my number and resetting the phone should sort this, but if it doesn't pelase contact our team Customer Support who will be more than happy to help!

Liam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello, i haven't found a setting in my phone for "amending my number" however i looked at the sim settings and it says that the number on my smarty sim is the temporary replacement one, but on the app it says my number is my normal number, and I'm not sure how to change this.

thank you for the help

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I can only tell you how to do this on an iPhone.

Settings>Phone>My Number - you can then amend the number directly.

Liam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thank you, but I don't have an iphone

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

You need to disable chat features and re-enable it!

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

IOS? You need to force it to update your number in iMessage. Normal texts get it from the sim. I had this happen. I turned off iMessage in settings, manually changed my number in another setting and then reactivated iMessage. 

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

Liam
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Android, but thank you

I'm having the same issue. 

Did you resolve it? 

Hey  Pauly

I would check your message settings if you go to Messages-> Messages Settings -> Advanced-> Phone Number