Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number from three, now number is "incorrect"

fastrider
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

Can someone please help, I've ported a number from three to smarty and everything looked ok but now the original number is saying "You have dialled an incorrect number" when I call it. I didn't realise (and nothing anywhere said) that it would stop working. The Smarty documentation says that you can continue to use the number with the old provider until it's transferred. 

I got a text this morning from three that says "We've now disconnected your service", but nothing from smarty. When I login to smarty it says that my number will be transferred. But right now, I can't text or call that number it's as if it doesn't exist. 

I'm very worried now as that number is tied to bank accounts, credit cards, etc etc and is required for things like OTP. In short, I don't want to lose this number. Is this normal when going from three to smarty? because i've done O2 to Vodafone before and I never once had a loss of service, it just stopped working on one and started working on the other. But right now, the smarty sim is still making calls / receiving calls & texts using it's original SIM number and my ported number seems to have vanished into thin air. 

I'm extremely worried now. 

1 REPLY 1

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey I am sorry this has been the case, it would be best for one of our advisors to check your account and if necessary raise the issue to our technical team, our chat team are available https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.