cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Switching to Smarty porting - still not working !

dimwit
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I switched from VOXI to smarty and was told the switchover would happen within 24 hours.

Smarty have my number as when I ring out it shows my number so I know Smarty have it but they have failed to conect my number so anyone who tries to call me gets a dead line

Anyone else have issues switching with smart?

11 REPLIES 11

ls_1761051
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Iโ€™m having the same issue. Itโ€™s been a week. I regret switching.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

I am sorry that this has happened, there are a few things that it could be, if you can please get in touch with our chat team they can investigate this further and help you with any troubleshooting steps  https://smarty.co.uk/contact and one of our advisors will be more than happy to help. Available daily from 8am โ€“ 8pm

ls_1761051
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have been in communication with your chat team for several days, and they have not resolved it. It's affecting my life and work quite a lot. They just keep telling me that it will be sorted, but nothing happens.

with an issue like a split port, it can take time to have it resolved and we appreciate your patience, you can request that your chat be escalated at any point

I am having the same issue, cannot receive calls, cannot send or receive SMS, cannot use data.  I was able to change some settings after the PORT fially happened (3 days late) and I can make calls, but otherwise my phone is useless.. I have escalated and they have asked for mor time and more time and more time and Faiz, the support lead, has been looking at it but after saying he would be available all day today he has not responded to a single message.  I have never had such bad service.  Please help.

aowaad
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have the same issue, not receiving calls or texts for a week and no resolution in sight.  My family canโ€™t contact me in an emergency, my childrenโ€™s schools canโ€™t contact me in an emergency, I canโ€™t access internet banking or anything else that uses my mobile number as 2FA.  I just need a working number ๐Ÿ™‚

aowaad
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I'm going through the same issue.  I haven't been able to receive calls or texts for 8 days - my family can't contact me in an emergency, my children's schools can't contact me in an emergency, I can't access internet banking or any other service that uses my mobile number for 2FA.  There's no sign of a progress update or a resolution after daily contact with Smarty.  I just need a number that works.  I'm not even fussed if it's the same one now.  I just need a working phone ๐Ÿ™‚

T1BBO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Did this ever get resolved?

richard_1850855
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am having the same issue - i got an email from SMARTY on Monday to say my number had been ported - but now on friday i still have no access to the network.  The chat was useless as the chat bot goes round the same questions - i emailed but no response yet.   not being able to speak to a human is really not good.

Just tell the bot you want to "talk to a person" @richard_1850855. The web chat agents work until 8pm everyday.

I was lucky when I switched my number to SMARTY - everything worked within the time period stipulated by the telecoms regulator OFCOM. 

richard_1850855
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

well the chat bot suggested i order a new sim - and suprisingly to fixed the problem! the fone connected to the network and is all working fine now. Maybe the first sim didn;t get registered properly - anyway its working now. Can;t say i'm at all impressed with the smarty help facility though.