cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly getting lots of spam calls

WillTri_1705316
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve suddenly started getting lots of spam calls from London, Manchester & Bolton area codes. I’ve never had spam calls on my mobile number before. The number changes every time. Is there anything I can do to stop these calls? 

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@WillTri_1705316 Unfortunately not much you can do. I think that these people have software that makes calls appear to come from the UK. In addition, they probably have random number generators to try many different potential mobile numbers. You may notice a slight delay when you answer - I reckon that it takes someone a second or two to spot that a number has actually answered.

One possible tactic is to never answer calls from numbers that are not in your Contacts. That would mean always putting a company/individual into Contacts if you expect a call from them. Also, if you do not answer unknown numbers or withheld numbers, there's a risk of missing an important call e.g. doctor, hospital.

If it is a major problem, you can ask Smarty to change your number....and then cross fingers that it does not happen again.

LA9988
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have also had 3 spam calls from “Banbury”, “London” and a random mobile number today, after weeks of no getting any. This was on my Spusu SIM though, not Smarty.