cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

STAC or PAC ?

MarcusN_2139829
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I've gone to EE after being with smarty for a few weeks as the coverage is better.

I want to keep my number and asked for a stac code, is this right ?

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MarcusN_2139829  NO - you need a PAC code to transfer  and keep a number.

You should read the article written especially to provide helpful information: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952726-how-do-i-leave-smarty

Thanks for reply.

Is it too late to get a pac code then ?

@MarcusN_2139829  If your account with Smarty is still live, then you can certainly request a PAC code. If you gave EE the STAC code and they actioned it, then your account may now be closed.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @MarcusN_2139829 ๐Ÿ‘‹
As @MSF has advised you can still get a PAC code if your account is still live.
If you have already redeemed the STAC code then I have found this info with regards to using a STAC code instead of a PAC code.....
On the OFCOM website it states 'When signing up with a new provider you can also request to keep your old phone number for free by contacting the new provider even if you have already cancelled your previous service (as long as you request this within one month of cancelling)' ...........so there may be a silver lining.
For more info look at the OFCOM website:- www(dot)ofcom(dot)org(dot)uk / Phones and internet /advice for consumers /costs, billing and switching /switching
Hope this helps!