cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solve a problem with daily scam calls

PamelaL_2126533
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I want to know how best to stop regular scam calls to my Moto G13 Mobile?

All the numbers are unrecognised to my phone contacts list.

I identify the number as best I can from checking on the internet.

Once indicated as possible scam I block the number but each day I get another call, different number all prefixed +44 

I have set the phone to block calls and text from unidentifed callers but they still get through to my phone?

Has anyone got any ideas how to deal with this nuisance. I am thinking I should possibly change my number but not sure if Smart offer this change as a service?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PamelaL_2126533  I really wish I did have a solution to this!

Not answering calls where you do not recognise the number is naturally one way of dealing with it - but then you may miss a genuine call occasionally.

You can certainly ask Smarty to change your number - you would need a web chat with Support Team.

There is unfortunately no guarantee that this would stop it because sometimes these nuisances use a random number generator.

I do wonder whether numbers are sometimes sold on to them to try from those who have access to a database.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PamelaL_2126533  I really wish I did have a solution to this!

Not answering calls where you do not recognise the number is naturally one way of dealing with it - but then you may miss a genuine call occasionally.

You can certainly ask Smarty to change your number - you would need a web chat with Support Team.

There is unfortunately no guarantee that this would stop it because sometimes these nuisances use a random number generator.

I do wonder whether numbers are sometimes sold on to them to try from those who have access to a database.