cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So many questions!

Richard13
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I signed up with Smarty on the 6th for myself and the wife and got the sims on the 9th I then activated mine with no problem and as we are both keeping our numbers I ported mine across first and on going to do the wife activating sim I got a message on the dashboard saying awaiting number, and after contacting someone I have been asked for no end of ID confirmation including photo ID, so now I am becoming suspicious of all the questions and still have no number or sim activation for my wife's phone!

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Richard13  We are Community Forum members like you and do not actually work for Smarty. That means we have no access to your account.

If you web chat with the Support Team, you should not need tone suspicious as you will be directly in contact with Smarty.

Richard13
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was basically just asking what others thought of the situation, and if anyone had experienced similar, not help with it.

You want to know what others think of the situation ?

OK, youโ€™re way overthinking this. When you talk to someone at Smarty, they of course have to verify you say who you are, to guard against ID theft and malicious use of your account. 

You may have unwittingly complicated matters too - You, a male, trying to manage problems for your wife, a female. It may well have been quicker for your wife to speak to Smarty about her account herself, hence the verifying questions you encountered. 

@Richard13  It sounds like your wife's sim ws taking a while to activate from what you say here. That can happen and sometimes can take a while. As @JJP2RidesAgain says, if you were trying to deal with your wife's account, it seems quite right that Smarty would want to verify your right to do that - GDPR? 

Did you activate her sim on a separate account or as a 'nickname' account within a group that you manage?