cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty sim in iphone 11 does not work

StephenB_584576
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all, can anyone help, i have purchased an unlocked iphone 11 but my Smarty SIM wont work. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@StephenB_584576 not a lot of info here really.

iPhones are unlocked these days, so no problem there. Does the sim show as activated on your account dashboard and does it also show an active Smarty plan?

Yes to both, even tried my dad's sim but his didn't work either. 

@StephenB_584576 Assuming that your dad's sim normally works, then it sounds like a phone fault.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Hi @StephenB_584576 👋
When you say that you SMARTY SIM won't work.... do you mean at all or just for calls/texts/data?
When 'unlocked' phones are discussed this covers ONLY the connection to MNO! It DOESN'T mean that even though you are able to connect to ALL networks (with it being 'unlocked') you will get complete use of all available capabilities of the phone.
ALL phones software updates are controlled by the 'original' seller fo the phone and even though you think you are getting all updates you aren't!
I made a post with regards to this.......
https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/can-t-make-receive-calls-not-necessarily-a-network-pro...

@Decembersangel  Your reply has just shown up this afternoon (29/07/2024) and yet you apparently wrote it on 13/07/2024 - how odd?!?!

Odd 🤔??
Just like @MSF ... just like me 🤣🤣🤣