cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty customer experience summary (ongoing porting problem)

ChrisGo_2486818
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hi all,

After now having no inbound calls or texts for 10 days (since joining Smarty), I have collated a summary of my experience of Smarty.

The problem I am facing is due to a "split port" issue whereby the "Voice in" element of the port has not been completed. Any callers to my number hear "The number called is not recognised, please check and dial again" 

I have tried to be objective without the influence of my stress, anxiety and frustration of the whole experience.

I can honestly say that this is worst customer experience I have ever experienced from any organisation (and I’m quite old).

at this point in time, there is still no resolve, I have still not been able to receive any inbound calls or texts (obviously including 2FA, MFA etc which is a problem)

Enjoy the read, any ideas or "what would you do" comments would be welcome

5th Jan - Signed up (A really good experience. Website is clear, simple and the whole process very easy). I provided my PAC code during sign-up in the provided section.

9th Jan – After receiving good communication via email, my sim had arrived, and I logged into the portal and activated the sim.

10th Jan - The port of my old number partially occurred around 2:00pm. I switched off my phone and swapped to the new sim.

11th Jan – Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 11 x received messages. Summary: Port delayed, need to wait

12th Jan - Web Chat: 8 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: waiting for an update from the team

13th Jan - Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Ticket has been raised for a split port issue.

14th Jan - Web Chat: 2 x sent messages, 3 x received messages. Summary: Team has chased network for file exchange

15th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 17 x received messages. Summary: No update, wait until end of the day. Given complaints link. Reset phone, clear cache etc. Received £5 for inconvenience.

Other: Received an email stating port was complete

16th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: Port will take 3-5 business days to complete.

Other: Raised a formal complaint.

17th Jan - Web Chat: 20 x sent messages, 26 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Told port is complete. Reboot phone, remove/insert sim. Requested details of inbound calls. Passed to “dedicated tech support team”

18th Jan - Web Chat: 7 x sent messages, 5 x received messages. Summary: Issue being chased by the “special team”

19th Jan - Web Chat: 19 x sent messages, 22 x received messages. Summary: specified "We made a test call to the user where the call rang and had a normal end of call.". Reset phone, clear cache etc.

20th Jan - Web Chat: 11 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: said "The team has got the issue, now and are working on it."

0 REPLIES 0