Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sim problem

RickOsb_2110518
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi

ordered a smarty sim unlimited everything works in iPhone but not an old Nokia unlocked or a three router any ideas why ?

thanx for any reply 

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@RickOsb_2110518 My first thoughts are that the settings may not be correct in the other devices.

Any chance that the Nokia is not set to 'auto select network'? The router would possibly also need the settings changed for this network.

hi thanx for reply Nokia on automatic and router is a three 4gplus do you know what settings the router would need I thought it would be automatic as I thought three and smarty were the same

Hello @RickOsb_2110518  Confession Numero uno - I'm not an expert on routers (or probably on anything much for that matter!!).

for the Nokia, please see:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/6277060-nokia-apn-settings

For mobile data on a phone, the APN needs to be set to mob.asm.net, so I am guessing it's the same for the router

I hope this is helpful.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

@MSF is spot on re his advice re the APN.

How old is your "old nokia" ? Depending on its age, it could be an old 2G phone, so wouldnt connect to Three / Smarty cell towers. Worth reading its manual to see if its compatible with Three / Smarty.