cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s22 ultra sim number is old smarty nunber

BharatS_2013416
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have tried all settings but even after the porting. My sim manager in phone shows original smarty nunber. And it should be smarty network who needs to send the new number via their system. How do I get smarty to understand this. As there customer service doesn't have a nunber to call and support is almost non existent. 

7 REPLIES 7

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Its a 2 minute job to do this yourself, its fairly common amongst a range of phones.

This would also be detailed in your phone's manual, which are printed and given to you to help you in situations like this.

Watch this youtube video, which explains how to do what you are asking :

https://youtu.be/y9kCO1nUDWI

hi

i am having the same issue with my Samsung a40 after changing over from o2 to smarty and bringing my old number but unfortunately my settings are different to phone mentioned in the video??

Just look at the Samsung A40 manual, google it or look for it on youtube.

Its most likely to be in settings, under either phone number or even SIM settings.

If needs be,you can always contact Samsung technical support.

That didn't change the number under sim settings. As I said the sim nunber comes from smarty and it needs to updated on sim from smarty. 

Yet, myself and others have been able to change our numbers ourselves when we have ported numbers into Smarty. 😗

The 79 seconds duration video I linked to shows exactly what you need to do...If you cannot work out how to do it, contact Samsung customer support via email or phone, or just consult your manual. 

@BharatS_2013416 You are correct in that the number originates from Smarty. However, it appears that very many phones 'remember' the first number associated with that sim and do not have the ability to change it other than manually. This is not unique to Smarty as I experienced it with other networks.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@BharatS_2013416  Given that you can change it yourself quicker than getting into a web chat with Smarty, surely this is an easier option.

It does seem that many phones 'remember' the number allocated to the sim when they first register it.

In some cases, particularly with iPhones, this is linked to iMessage and FaceTime clinging on to the original number and that's why you change it manually.