cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing SIM port?

YoMomma_2940034
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all, I've noticed a LOT of issues with bringing your number over from previous supplier.

I did it last week from EE and now I can't ring out anyone or text certain people. The internet works fine, but can't actually use the phone as a phone.

Does anyone know of there's a way I can revert to the Smarty number I was given on this SIM card before I started using my old EE number on the same card without any faffing on or will I have to get another SIM card just to get a fresh number with hopefully no hiccups?

I'm ill housebound at the moment so really need to be able to contact people!!

Cheers anyone and everyone.

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@YoMomma_2940034  Very odd that this post has only been visible recently when you posted this morning.

You cannot reverse port. Firstly, why not web chat with Smarty Support Team so that they can check if there is anything wrong - it may be a split port.

If you want another number, you'll need to get a new sim and either start the account with a new email address or else form a group and add this second sim as a 'nickname' account - please see Smarty help articles on Groups.

I didn't realise I had to confirm the post via my emails until this afternoon when I checked them.

I have read lots and lots of threads about people going around in circles or getting zero help after contacting the help about split ports, but you seemed to have a suggestion which I thought might be the outcome so looks like that'll be the option.

It wont help you, but I had absolutely no issue porting this number from Lebara to Smarty this week 

I gave Smarty my Lebara PAC code last Friday, and my number ported as planned on Monday of this week without issue.