cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request PAC code told to request STAC code?

Leave_smartyN0w
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I am leaving smarty and so sent an SMS with the word PAC to 75075 as per usual. SMARTY replied saying that in order to transfer my details I needed to send the word STAC and my DOB. Not knowing what STAC was I did as instructed. 

I now am unable to get my PAC code as STAC effectively closes the account and deletes the number. I have the number printed on business cards and on websites so this is a huge loss and all because I was mis advised in the SMS by SMARTY. The live chat are not helpful and there is no phone number for SMARTY. If this is not resolved I will look at taking it to the small claims court for the lossesScreenshot 2023-10-19 112440.png

2 REPLIES 2

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @Leave_smartyN0w 👋
Eek gads!😬 Not good!
Unfortunately you sent the PAC request to the wrong number.
To transfer to a new mobile phone provider and keeping your existing number you needed to text PAC to 65075.
With texting 75075 you were requesting to switch provider and getting a new number. I'm assuming that because the reply was automated and didn't recognise PAC it required the correct request and hence the text you got.
For more info look at the OFCOM website:- www(dot)ofcom(dot)org(dot)uk / Phones and internet /advice for consumers / costs, billing and switching /switching
On this website it does state 'When signing up with a new provider you can also request to keep your old phone number for free by contacting your new provider even if you have already cancelled your previous service (as long as you request this within one month of cancelling)' ...........so there may be a silver lining.

Unfortunately you wouldn't win a small claims case as the mistake was yours.
Hope this helps🤞 x x x

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Leave_smartyN0w  As advised by @Decembersangel , you seem to have used the wrong number.

Please see this article: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5046090-how-do-i-request-a-pac - this will confirm your error.

I suggest a webchat with the Support Team to see if they can assist you - I should forget threats of small claims court as it does look like your mistake.