Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Fire Newbie Questions

Jaybird
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hello, new to the Smarty crew. Couple of quick questions:

1. I bought a £10/30GB data Sim. Once activated, can I use it until the month is up then downgrade to a cheaper data plan? (And can I cancel auto-renewal if it tries to keep the £10/30GB plan rolling?)

2. I signed up through a friend referral. How long does it take for both of us to receive bonus credit?

3. Does Smarty like and allow shortcodes? (Text 12345 for such and such.) How do these work on Smarty's network?

4. Any plans to implement a discount/rewards scheme like other mobile providers offer? Curious.

(Oh, by the way, you also have a typo on your 'Chaning Plans' message label.)

Nice to meet you all. Hope I don't get forced onto another provider anytime soon, like Plusnet Mobile tried to do by pushing their customers onto EE which offer worse value plans than the ones they currently had.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey Jaybird 

JJP2  is right about questions 1 and 3. For question 2, it should be as soon as the person who has been referred is past their 14 day cooling off period. For question 4, further rewards may be something we look into in the future, any feedback on what kinds or rewards you have enjoyed in the past?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

1, Yes, all plans are for 30 days, so can be changed every month if necessary. 

3, Short Codes ? Not at the current time 

Everything else - Contact Smarty via webchat, as this forum is populated by Smarty users like you and I.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey Jaybird 

JJP2  is right about questions 1 and 3. For question 2, it should be as soon as the person who has been referred is past their 14 day cooling off period. For question 4, further rewards may be something we look into in the future, any feedback on what kinds or rewards you have enjoyed in the past?

Jaybird
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Thank you both, much appreciated!

As for rewards feedback, I appreciated it when codes would be offered with certain partnerships to give away freebies. A long time ago Vodafone would give away free ice creams just because you were a member. You could also save up points to spend on their own storefront. A bluetooth speaker here, some headphones there...

Maybe a free coffee along with your café purchase when your mobile provider app was shown in-store. Or a freebie when a code was used on a business's online storefront: a free box of chocolates when said code was used with £25+ spend, for example. Incentivise members spending in certain businesses for extra bonuses.

I preferred that over such and such percentage discounts at holiday or travel destinations. Concert tickets and the like. Be interesting what others think, though.