cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting woes

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Began my port on Thursday. Still no service now at the end of Monday, so my number is useless and in this day and age that means I can't get into things like my bank. Support are totally unhelpful, not sure they really have any idea what's going on, just offering vague platitudes and no useful information. Anyone else had a similar experience and know if there's any other team to speak to who actually have some way to help? Very poor experience for a new customer.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@m1ke  When you requested the port, were you given a date? Jut wondering if you requested late on Thursday, this would count as a request made on Friday. No action over weekend and so first port day would be Monday.

If the expected date does not materialise, you can raise a complaint.

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

requested the port on March 1st when I signed up (and provided my PAC), I set the date for 7th March (Thursday). I activated the SIM first thing Thursday morning.

The port started during Friday, I lost connection to my previous SIM and number around midday Friday. Smarty emailed me around 4pm Friday telling me my port had been delayed but no other information - no timeline, not information about what to do. If Smarty knew up front that activating a SIM on Thursday morning would result in me losing my number for 4 days (and counting) they had a responsibility to tell me this. All their guides say the loss of connection will be short.

Since then it's been just constant empty responses from support. One moment they're saying it's done, another moment their team is looking into it (what "it" means I don't know), then the app is telling me the port's complete, but it's still not. At one point they told me they were waiting on "documents" from my previous provider so I contacted the provider who said there's no documents to send, it's just the PAC. So support are either misinformed or lying. For about an hour yesterday I could suddenly receive calls and texts on my number but not send them. Then that went away again.

How do I raise a complaint please?

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

[deleted]

m1ke
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smarty have now decided to change their minds. Apparently the port wasn't completed over the weekend like they've previously insisted and they've gone back to claiming that they are waiting on a file from my previous provider. Having already contacted the previous provider who said they provided everything, I am wondering who in the Smarty team has decided to pivot to lying to me about this. I am guessing it's a delay tactic because their team have messed up and have no idea what's going on. Utter incompetence and now deliberate misleading statements from the customer support team.