Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Hell - Need Help Urgently

NicolaB_2487490
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I signed up to Smarty and provided them with my PAC Code at point of order (from reading other threads this is probably where it all went wrong!).

Received my Sim and activated it. Port was delayed by 3/4 days. I had no service from my previous provider. All I kept getting told on webchat was to "be patient" and that there was no resolution timeframe. 

I then got notification that my port was successful and my "old" number was showing in my dashboard, however, I could not call or text out. My number was effectively dead for anyone trying to call me.

Back onto webchat who said I need a new sim. It arrived today, I activated it and it's still not working. Webchat are telling me the usual, turn off etc. They then said I need to try the sim in another device (I don't have one!).

I raised a complaint a few days ago. I am honestly at my wits end, I have caring responsibilities and need to be contacted by phone - I have no working number to be contacted on!

I actually don't even want to remain with Smarty after this absolutely shocking service. But they are holding me to ransom now as my old number (which is linked to essential services like banking etc) is lost in the ether somewhere.

3 REPLIES 3

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

I am sorry that this has been your experience, speaking to the chat team would be what I have normally advise but as you have already done this it my be best to contact the complaints team https://smarty.co.uk/complaints

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@NicolaB_2487490  Sorry to hear of this problem.

I agree that you should follow advice from @Rebekah_150 .

As I see it, when the port was attempted, there was no activated sim onto which the number could be attached. We have seen this before - it is probably time that Smarty tightened up the online process to avoid people doing that as it would save a lot of trouble.

As I recall, the previous ones were sorted in the end.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Hey @NicolaB_2487490, if the number you want to keep has been transferred to SMARTY, then you should be able to get a PAC and switch to another service provider. 

It might be worth getting started with another service provider immediately, so that you've got a working mobile phone, albeit initially with a different number.  

Once SMARTY have 'fixed' the provisioning of your SMARTY network account, use your PAC (from SMARTY) to switch to your new service provider. 
🍀