cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number by mistake

RobertE_2206521
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi I just joined smarty and I ported my number by mistake when I wanted a new number. Is there any way to revert to the new number on the smarty SIM . Many thanks in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@RobertE_2206521,

AFAIK there isn't anything you can do.  There's a possibility of changing the SIM number (phone number) if you have a web chat with a Smarty agent.

If this doesn't work, then the next best answer is to use any plan you have bought (assuming you've already bought a plan) and towards the end of the plan time, ask Smart for a new SIM.  Remember to just order the SIM and ensure you don't port any number.  This will give you a new number.

@Strandloper  I haven't given a PAC code to smarty but when I ask for a stac code from previous provider it tells me a PAC code is already being used and can't issue stac code until that has been used. I'm at a loss as to what I've done.

@RobertE_2206521,

There may have been a glitch in the system that has given rise to your number issue, rather than anything you've done.

It may be worth contacting a Smart Agent through the link below.  They'll be able the get into your account details and hopefully sort this out for you.

https://help.smarty.co.uk/

@Strandloper  I was wondering if that would be the case I'll try that many thanks for your help

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@RobertE_2206521  The new sim already had a new number allocated when you activated it. this would have appeared on your account dashboard before you requested the port of your old number.

Has the port process already started? If not, try a web chat with Support team to see if you can stop it.

Hi I haven't given a PAC code to smarty but when I ask for a stac code from previous provider it tells me a PAC code is already being used and can't issue stac code until that has been used. I'm at a loss as to what I've done.

@RobertE_2206521  I think that you would need to ask your old network for details if you didn't request a PAC.

The good news is that, if you didn't use the PAC with Smarty, it will expire after 30 days and your number will stay with the old network - unless you have closed off the old account.

@MSF  Ok that's good many thanks for your help