People r still unable to call me

DebraHo_2094274
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

5 REPLIES 5

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Have you activated your SIM card and bought a plan ?

Does your Smarty dashboard show that your SIM has been activated ? 

hello I donโ€™t think it has been activated, the number showing is not my number. 

@DebraHo_2094274 If a number is showing, then it is activated.

When you first activate a sim, it is allocated a random number.

You can then obtain a PAC code from your old network in order to port your number across to Smarty.

(When you first start with Smarty, they cannot know what your number is from old network and so cannot put it on a new sim immediately when you sign up)

If your friends are calling your old number, then it is not yet going to your phone and that explains why you are not getting any calls from them. Ask one of them to try the number showing on your dashboard to test that the sim does work properly.

Next step would then be to get the PAC code and ask Smarty to transfer the number in.

You will hopefully find this article useful:  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/collections/607870-getting-started-with-smarty

As @MSF says, if a number is showing, then your SIM has been activated, just a temporary number.

My GUESS would be that you have removed your previous mobile provider's SIM from your phone, but even then, people should still be able to leave you voicemails, which, having removed your previous SIM, you wont know you have received.

Get a PAC code (Text PAC to 65075 from your previous SIM) so that you can port your number across to Smarty, and which will replace your temporary number. The porting process will take one working day, porting does not happen on weekends.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DebraHo_2094274  You have not explained whether you can call them. Are their calls going direct to Voicemail? Do you have a signal showing on the phone?

then, as @JJP2 says, is your account showing as active with a current Smarty plan?