cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number porting stuck since 5th of October

PriyaMa_2324271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My number porting stuck since 5th of October and chat team saying trying to resolve, no luck so far. Already complaint to SMARTY by email, waiting for there response. Already had huge impact of not been able to reach to my old number and causing lots of stress. Complaining to OFCOM is the next step?

8 REPLIES 8

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Our complaints team will respond to you as quickly as they are able

PriyaMa_2324271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have now confirmed from o2 that the number ported to three network on 5/10 @7:30. But your chat team told me that the problem is with previous network. I have provided them with the screenshort from o2 chat that they confirmed it it is already been ported. 

IMG_1288.jpeg

โ€ƒI notice in your post above, you say that your number ported to the THREE network. 

Dir you port to THREE or SMARTY ? Of course, if you ported to THREE but are trying to use a SMARTY SIM card, it wonโ€™t work, as you will need a THREE SIM card.

PriyaMa_2324271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

it is from O2, for O2 they can only tell which network it is ported to. SMARTY is using THREE network. I have the SMARTY sim and I have ported through SMARTY and not THREE

I would double check that !

Yes, Smarty is an MVNO, which is wholly owned by Three, so of course runs on the Three network. 

HOWEVER, Smarty and Three are separate networks, so of course use distinctly different SIM cards.

IF your number has been ported to Three and you are trying to use a Smarty SIM card, that would explain the delay in porting. It would be worth going back to O2 and obtaining confirmation on which network your number has been ported into, whether itโ€™s Three or Smarty. 

It can be that as we are using Three Mobiles network any technical team would refer to Three Mobile, however, if you have raised a complaint our complaints team will look into your issue and answer as quickly as they are able.

RajniRu_2328505
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi @PriyaMa_2324271 . I am in the same situation. My number porting is stuck since 6th October. All Smarty's customer service is saying is 'We will let you know'. Horrible experience with no end in sight. Did Smarty finally resolve the issue for? Did you complain to Ofcom about this?

PriyaMa_2324271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

no luck so far. Worst network with worst customer support. Already complained and been to chats every day. Incompetency at all level.