cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported to wrong sim on account

AnitaGi_2674299
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi. Had an existing account with smarty for my son. I  added second sim and requested to portmy number to second sim and smarty have ported number to original sim in error and deleted second account. Lost good plan and now son has my number and lost his . Help ? 

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AnitaGi_2674299 As we are members of the forum just like you, we cannot look at accounts or make any changes.

You need to have a web chat with Smarty Support and give them clear information of the original mobile numbers on the two sims and then the number you were trying to port and which sim you were porting it to.

Before that, can you carefully check that you were not looking at the wrong account when you gave the PAC code to Smarty - that would account for the port going to the wrong sim.

If your son's account was the Group Owner (because you say that you ADDED your second sim) then were you in that account when you gave the PAC code?

Regardless, only Smarty Support can check this for you.

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Not that it's much help at this stage, but in my experience the Smarty website makes it clear which number will be replaced if you were to go ahead with your porting in request.

@SmartyTrousers I was just wondering whether the OP may be able to get it reversed if the process hasn't got underway just yet (Friday p.m. expected day of port =  Monday next?)

Unfortunately, it reads to me like the number port has already completed.

@SmartyTrousers I see what you mean here - I wondered if they had just acknowledged with an email.

But why would they delete the second account? Isn't that a bit odd? I would have expected the second (added) sim to be unaffected.