cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My device still says the new number not my ported old number. Says successful port but not rlly!

LaurenH_2374270
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Ive ported over and it says successful but my device sends messages on my new number (that I dont want). I want my old number! I remmeber it, and its linked to my university account. I cannot access my work! 

I am so enraged I have due dates and cant use office until i get access to my account thru my old number. 

My old number some messages go thru but most my new one, the phone saved the new number (I changed it on google( but my phone & my sim & settings all say the new one. I tried clicking into RCS messages to change it and verify in there and it wont it stays to the new one and or glitches. 

I dont know what to do or who to ask for help. I need help immediately...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@LaurenH_2374270 Firstly, check your account dashboard online - does it have your ported number?

If so, then the number has come across and hopefully is fine.

Your phone will have remembered the number assigned to your sim when you activated it. You can change this in the General Settings - depends upon the phone as to where you'll find that.

When you contact people, does the not show them your correct, ported number? If not, then you may have a 'split port' and you need to web chat with Support Team.

Don't forget, we on this forum are just customers like you and so we cannot access your account to check anything.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@LaurenH_2374270 Firstly, check your account dashboard online - does it have your ported number?

If so, then the number has come across and hopefully is fine.

Your phone will have remembered the number assigned to your sim when you activated it. You can change this in the General Settings - depends upon the phone as to where you'll find that.

When you contact people, does the not show them your correct, ported number? If not, then you may have a 'split port' and you need to web chat with Support Team.

Don't forget, we on this forum are just customers like you and so we cannot access your account to check anything.

Thank you im very new to this... 

Ive managed to sort it out! 

How did you sort this out I’m having the same problem 

@SueWags_2956639 It will depend upon the phone.

Generally, you need to ensure that the phone has the correct number in its settings. As I said, the phones seem to 'remember' the first number allocated to the sim and so they need to be forced to understand the number that is ported in and use that when they communicate with other phones.