cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mifi roaming EU

WendyTu_2670271
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, I'm new to SMARTY and a techno-idiot. I'm using a data only sim in my huawei mifi which I had with previous plan with Three. I have got it running in the UK, no problem so that's great but I now need it to work abroad in the EU. All the info seems to be about changing phone setting for roaming, but I'm not using it in a phone. Does anyone know if I have to do anything to make the mifi work abroad? (I didn't used the mifi abroad with previous plan with Three). Any info would be gratefully received! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@WendyTu_2670271  The same information applies; you will need to ensure that the APN is set to mob.asm.net.

This is a one off change that will make a Smarty sim work while roaming.

If you roamed in the EU while you had a sim from Three in the Mifi, then you should be fine as the same change would have been necessary then.

To get to the Mifi settings, you can usually use a laptop browser linked to it and type (in the address bar) something like 192.168.1.1 (depends upon what the manual says, but this often works)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@WendyTu_2670271  The same information applies; you will need to ensure that the APN is set to mob.asm.net.

This is a one off change that will make a Smarty sim work while roaming.

If you roamed in the EU while you had a sim from Three in the Mifi, then you should be fine as the same change would have been necessary then.

To get to the Mifi settings, you can usually use a laptop browser linked to it and type (in the address bar) something like 192.168.1.1 (depends upon what the manual says, but this often works)