cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifi device and Smarty SIMs

IanBrom_1941849
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have been using a mifi device quite happily with a Smarty DATA only Sim for a while now. It seems that some of the Smarty voice/data/text sims may offer better value for me, even though all I want to use is the data element. Is there any reason why a mifi device should be only used with DATA ONLY sims, or can I just as easily swap it out for a voice/data/text sim to access the data allowance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@IanBrom_1941849 I think the response from @Rebekah_150 is fairly clear and you also seem to have accepted this on your other thread on the same topic.

(This is one disadvantage of posting more than once on the same topic I'm afraid - it just leads to confusion)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

You can swap to a different plan, plans with calls and texts just happen to be where the best deals are currently 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@IanBrom_1941849  In addition to what @Rebekah_150 says, the sim is essentially the same. It is possible for Smarty to turn on the call/text functionality on a data-only sim and then you can purchase the best value plan for your needs.

I don’t think that gives me a definitive answer. I just need to know if I can use a Smarty SIM designed for phone use (i.e. one with data/minutes/text allowances) in a mobile MiFi device as it is cheaper than using a Smarty data only SIM. 

@IanBrom_1941849 I think the response from @Rebekah_150 is fairly clear and you also seem to have accepted this on your other thread on the same topic.

(This is one disadvantage of posting more than once on the same topic I'm afraid - it just leads to confusion)