cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost signal

Christo_1465987
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

No signal in a built up heavily populated town - had problem now for last week. Terrible for my business as not receiving or able to make calls. Supposed to have 98% coverage blah blah . Reset phone. All my family members able to make calls. Why is there no person /customer service to contact from Smarty. Checked my coverage areas and says I can get 4g inside and outside. I'd take 2G at this point. About to cancel subscription. No point being good value if it doesn't work....rubbish

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Sorry to hear that you have problems.

Even though the coverage map shows that it should work inside and outside, some buildings can defeat the signal e.g. steel beams.

Are your family members on the same network? If so, you need to web chat with Support Team.

Customer service is via webchat - this is one of the main ways that networks can keep the costs down and is not uncommon.

Also, please note that t&c's make it clear that the network is not for business ess use.

My location is. LL183UU. HOLIDAY  PARK

I went to the show she said the smarty don't work around here .your taking money from me as well I have paid for a Vodafone sim that works well.  I am not happy. What can you do for me 

@LloydEa_2075573  Smarty runs off 3 Network. The issue is that not all networks offer a good signal in all areas.

The other problem may be if you are in a caravan/mobile home then this can shield the signal. Try using the device outside away from the accommodation to see if it is better.

When you post here, you are writing to other users and not direct to Smarty, so there is nothing that we can do for you other than to try to offer advice. - sorry!

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

The online mobile coverage maps are based on computer models, which are constructed using assumptions about many things.

The result of this is the real-world signal, at any given location, may not be the same as predicted by an online coverage checker.