cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent services?

PaulRea_1185689
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

This is a disaster. No data, no mobile cover, no phone cover - no calls. A total and utter disaster on a weekend in which everything revolved around contact with other people via mobile services.

Months of planning upturned by this. I'm afraid no apologies are going to suffice. 

9 REPLIES 9

TingNg_2490052
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

AGREE.  How could this happen? Not just a minute but hours. I can’t even turn on my bus ticket on my mobile app. 😞

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Find a McDonald's or Cafe that offers free WiFi @TingNg_2490052 

It's what Im doing. (Not a McDonalds) But can't stay in a cafe all day - and it's been like this since yesterday.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PaulRea_1185689 Unfortunately, things do sometimes fall over. I'm not sure what else a company can do other than apologise. I suppose you may get refund of one day's plan charge at best but difficult as not everyone is affected.

Yeah I know. I like Smarty, I really do. But when this happens and it's work related, then it's serious and I will need to reconsider the provider in the long run. I'd do the same with any company that allowed this to run over several days and not notify users. I've sent hours trying to reboot, and resolve this on my own. 

@PaulRea_1185689 That's possibly why they specifically state that it is not intended for commercial use.

Danielle22
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I’ve had no signal, do data, nothing since Friday (9th feb) absolute disgrace as I haven’t been able to do any work 

I know. I rely on tethering to do my work as I have no wifi supper in my area due to poor coverage. So when Smarty goes down, so does my online business. Im trying to be understanding but some communication from them would have been good. 

@PaulRea_1185689 Specifically not for commercial use - please see T&C's