Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn’t activate the SIM I bought

Crguy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I bought a SIM card at my local Sainsbury’s 

I then bought a SMARTY plan without activating the SIM accidentally.

Do I wait 2 days for the new SIM, or can I use the one I’ve already bought somehow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Crguy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Just to let you know the chat CS has advised me to cancel the account, get a refund, and then create a new account. 

now I’m having trouble closing/cancelling the account. All it gives me a STAC code, ?

not impressed 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Crguy If you have paid for the sim plus included plan, then you can activate and use it. The one that's coming in the post does not have to be activated if you didn't spend money on it.

Crguy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi @MSF 

i have accidentally pressed the activate your SIM button on the dashboard. Which is presumably to activate the SIM in the post — not sure?

I don’t see any other options that allow me to activate the SIM I have bought. If I put it in the phone there is no network. 

If I use smarty.co.uk/activate it forwards me to purchase another plan. 

?

It may be best to speak to our chat team they will be able to check your accounts and cancel any unwanted SIMs https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

TP113
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

This happened to me. The website/app is really poor at allowing you to activate a bought SIM card. 

Contact them by chat and they can swap the Sims over so you can use the bought one. It was done very quickly for me. 

Crguy
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Just to let you know the chat CS has advised me to cancel the account, get a refund, and then create a new account. 

now I’m having trouble closing/cancelling the account. All it gives me a STAC code, ?

not impressed 

WaqarAh_2543579
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I bought this smart sim online from u but its still not working in my phone if its will same send me my money back

@WaqarAh_2543579 You are not writing to Smarty here, so we cannot arrange any refund. This is the Community Forum and we are customers like you but have no access to accounts.

Try a web chat with the Support Team.