cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How has my SIM been activated but I can't make a call or use mobile data.

Abdulla_1884908
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

So 24 hours of trying to activate a SIM card while trying to get into contact with exceptionally terrible SMARTY customer service but apparently when I go to cancel in the dashboard it shows it is activated??

When I try placing a call this is what the message is : " Sorry you have not been given access to this service ".

I have went to this link on the SMARTY pages to cancel for the 14- day guarantee to cancel but then again they still need me to contact their useless customer service that takes too long to respond. We operate a web chat so we can give more time to respond is such a bs excuse to use when often a customer needs something done quickly. Also why do you need my personal details to be given to each agent before they help? Don't feel comfortable sharing my details particularly when it is operated in India where there has been a number of Spam / Scam incidents. 

Here's your new motto : Simple, honest (**bleep**) mobile. 

Give me back a full refund.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

You really would be best off using the web chat service with the Support Team as they can access your account to check it. In my past experience, it has always been reasonably quick - not necessarily instant.

The reason that they need your personal details before discussing your account is for legal reasons. To ensure that they only give information to someone who has a legal right to it, they go through security first. The General Data Protection Regulations lay down strict rules for organisations about accessing and sharing your data - the fines if they get it wrong through carelessness are very high. Although it may be frustrating, it is done for your safety. Have you tried to call your bank? Surely it's the same there.

Hope you get it sorted.

Shirley_1026186
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

You didn't actually answer the question. Why does it say sorry you have not been given access to this service?  This keeps happening to my partner, but just on a couple of numbers?

Okay @Shirley_1026186, this is a SMARTY user community where the majority of posts are from other SMARTY customers, not SMARTY employees.

A possible reason a couple of numbers won't work for your partner, might be the numbers being called aren't included within their SMARTY plan's allowances.

Not all UK numbers are eligible to use with a plan's call allowance.

@Shirley_1026186  Probably because those numbers are not included within the Smarty Plan. As an example, 0844 and 0845 are not included for free.