SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

How can I get a faster internet connection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @AlanGri_2514744 

Thank you for reaching out to our SMARTY community forum! 

I am sorry to hear about your network issues. Please refer to our network status checker to see if there are any outages in your area - Network status checker | SMARTY

Like every network, some areas will have better coverage with SMARTY than others, and the size and layout of buildings can make a real difference to service: we use the Three network to provide our services. Indoor coverage may also vary.

Although we try to make the coverage results on our online coverage checker (https://smarty.co.uk/coverage-checker) as accurate as possible, the information is only a guide and doesn't guarantee service availability in a particular location. Our roll-out plans are updated regularly but may change over time.

If you haven’t already done so, you could try the following to regain a connection potentially;

• Restarting your device and/or resetting your Network Settings (this does not affect your device storage, apps, pictures, etc.). This will refresh your connection to the serving site, prompting a stronger signal.
  • Toggling Airplane Mode/Mobile Data off and on. This essentially resets the IP connection, establishing a fresh new connection once linked to the network – this will prompt your device and SIM to connect to a stronger signal.
  • You can remove any saved APN credentials, restart your handset and then re-add the required APN if your device doesn’t seem to automatically connect to a strong network signal – please find guidance on the correct APN set-up via the following link: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155220-using-the-internet-after-you-ve-joined-smarty.

I hope this helps! - Jodie 😊

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@AlanGri_2514744  If you are referring to a mobile signal, you may need to check if any other providers have a stronger signal in your area. Not sure that there is much else you can do.

JodieC
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @AlanGri_2514744 

Thank you for reaching out to our SMARTY community forum! 

I am sorry to hear about your network issues. Please refer to our network status checker to see if there are any outages in your area - Network status checker | SMARTY

Like every network, some areas will have better coverage with SMARTY than others, and the size and layout of buildings can make a real difference to service: we use the Three network to provide our services. Indoor coverage may also vary.

Although we try to make the coverage results on our online coverage checker (https://smarty.co.uk/coverage-checker) as accurate as possible, the information is only a guide and doesn't guarantee service availability in a particular location. Our roll-out plans are updated regularly but may change over time.

If you haven’t already done so, you could try the following to regain a connection potentially;

• Restarting your device and/or resetting your Network Settings (this does not affect your device storage, apps, pictures, etc.). This will refresh your connection to the serving site, prompting a stronger signal.
  • Toggling Airplane Mode/Mobile Data off and on. This essentially resets the IP connection, establishing a fresh new connection once linked to the network – this will prompt your device and SIM to connect to a stronger signal.
  • You can remove any saved APN credentials, restart your handset and then re-add the required APN if your device doesn’t seem to automatically connect to a strong network signal – please find guidance on the correct APN set-up via the following link: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155220-using-the-internet-after-you-ve-joined-smarty.

I hope this helps! - Jodie 😊