cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Group discount

DavidAs_2462588
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

It's a bit naughty that promotional tariffs don't get the discount. When I added a family member partly to get two discounts, I saw a list of tariffs and picked the most appropriate - there was nothing saying it wasn't eligible for a group discount, you have to go hunting through the help section to find this out after being billed full price.

4 REPLIES 4

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Assuming it was a new connection added to your group, wasn't the issue covered in the SMARTY terms & conditions for the new connection @DavidAs_2462588

it may well have been, but you know how much they get read by the majority of people ๐Ÿ˜ต

@DavidAs_2462588 To be fair, how many companies do you know that will allow you to get a double discount?

yeah that's fair enough, but when I was looking for a tariff I wanted the 100GB tariff, but they had put a "Winter Offer" on that tariff of an extra 25GB - I wasn't fussed about the extra data but you couldn't have the 100GB plan without the extra so why wouldn't you take it? Had they put a discount on the 100GB tariff then you could say it would be a double discount, but it wasn't, they put extra data on and hid the exclusion from group discounts in the terms.

I'm not that bothered about this, I'm happy with the service and tariff, just a bit annoyed I got caught by this clause. Looking at current tariff options, they still have 100GB with an extra data offer and 150GB with extra data offer - I'd suggest these are pretty popular options these days, and you can't have group discount on them. If you want group discount, you have to choose between 40GB and 200GB - thats a big gap and effectively undos the group discount because you probably end up paying for more data than you want.