cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting my smarty sim card to work abroad for my huawei mobile dongle, when i'm already abroad

Deborah_2203911
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I've paid for my Smarty sim data, bought a huawei portable mobile dongle that doesn't plug into my devices, but supposedly should give me wifi remotely ?? but only saw I had to change settings on my phone prior to going abroad.. I've tried to do so since being in France, and i'm still not getting service. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Deborah_2203911,

You need to set your APN to mob.asn.net

Your phone may have automatically set this for you.  If not look at the following which may help:

Update your phone settings before you go

Before you can use SMARTY abroad, you need to make an important change to your phone settings.  Find out more here

Data comes out of your monthly allowance or data add-ons. Calls and texts are unlimited, excluding if you're on a data-only plan.

Note: You will be subject to our fair use limit of 12GB each month. If you need to use more data when travelling in the EU, you can buy a data add-on.

Please see our Price Guide for more information on our Fair Use Policy.

To use your phone when travelling outside the EU you need to top up your account balance. You can do this in via our App or web dashboard.

Calls, texts and data when abroad will then be deducted from your account balance. It's a bit like Pay As You Go. You only pay for what you use, and not a penny more.

Permanent roaming restrictions

To ensure all customers can benefit from roaming at no extra cost in the EU, we have put in place fair use policies which include safeguards to prevent prolonged periods of roaming.

We will monitor your usage, and if you spend 60 consecutive days abroad, we have the right to suspend all services on your account. This means that you will not be able to use your SIM. Roaming while in or outside the EU counts towards your consecutive use. We'll send you an alert two weeks before the suspension is applied.

If you have extenuating circumstances (for example being stuck abroad for reasons beyond your control), you should contact us as soon as possible to prevent your service from being suspended.

If you've had your services suspended and since returned to the UK, please contact us to let us know of the change in your location, and we'll unblock your services.

Note: If your services are suspended and you have Auto-renew enabled, your plan will continue to renew automatically. To disable this, head to your payment settings.

All international calls and texts are paid for with your account balance. Top this up to ensure you can make calls. 

FAQs

What if I don't use all my account balance?

If you donโ€™t use all your account balance, you can choose to put that money towards your next month's plan or leave it as an out of plan add-on. If you want to move your money, just select the option to 'convert' on your dashboard.   

What if I use all my out of plan add-ons?

Don't worry if you do, you can purchase another to top up your balance. Either use the link in the notification text message or go to smarty.co.uk, log in to your SMARTY dashboard and click on โ€˜Buy out of plan add-onโ€™.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Deborah_2203911  You will need to access the settings on the device that carries the sim and change the APN to mob.asm.net. You may need to consult the manufacturers manual.