cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUROVISION 2023

Matthew_SMARTY
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

With the qualifiers of Eurovision 2023 ongoing, it is important to remember if you are with SMARTY, and want to vote for your favorite song, you will have to do this through the Eurovision app. 

App | Eurovision Song Contest

You are also able to cast your vote directly through the website.

Eurovision 2023 Voting (esc.vote)

Happy dancing! 

26 REPLIES 26

JohnStu_1251059
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

THIS DOES NOT WORK. The App just takes you to the phone dialler and Smarty won’t connect the call. Very annoying. 

It's so frustrating. 

AdamBarnettUK
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Yup... partner has bought credit to be able to vote, but refuses to connect when using the App because it just opens the phone number. Annoying.

@AdamBarnettUK  - At least all is not lost as the credit can still be used towards another Smarty plan when current one ends.

GreenOmBe
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

NOT THE POINT!

Same!

Jo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Very disappointed as I'm unable to vote! "Sorry, you have not been give access to this service"

The app just redirects you to the same number!

SMARTY, you let me down 😞

Antanas
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Getting the same, no way to vote...

Alexand_1226460
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Same! First time I’ve ever wanted to vote. Gutted.

JoBeam
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The website & app just redirect you to call and even though I bought a call add-on it still didn't work. This advice was pointless so please make short codes accessible with add-ons and check your info before offering advice. Thanks 

This is the Smarty community forum, we are customers like you, we do not work for Smarty, so have control over Smarty policies 

Smithsa
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty you have massively let your loyal customers down! We have missed out on voting for Eurovision! 

Starlight202
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Experienced the same problem, very frustrating not being able to vote!

Jamie_1829714
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Tried doing this like you described and it did not work meaning I was unable to vote for the first time in the 25 years I’ve been watching. Very disappointed to say the least. I will be reconsidering my relationship with Smarty after this. 

Exactly the same!

MeniHar_1737921
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can we do it this year 2024 as well?

@MeniHar_1737921  If the app didn't work last year then you would need to download it this year and test it. However, if it relies on short code numbers (5 or 6 digits) then Smarty has not yet changed anything i.e. it still won't work.

Supersonic-2005
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

So we would still not be able to vote if the digits are six / seven like last year?-

Wow why can't they fix it

@Supersonic-2005  For some reason best known to Smarty management, they are not supporting the short code system.

As we are forum members like you, we don't get copied into that info.

sam_vasu
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Same problem in 2024 😞 

Very sad indeed!!

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Bear in mind that as this is the Smarty Community Forum, we are customers just like you, we don’t work for Smarty, so have no control over what Smarty as a company do or don’t do.

For Eurovision fans, the choice seems obvious. IF there is no way you can vote online or via an app, then you would need to switch networks if voting is of importance to you. 

Bumblebear
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

As of 2024, if you want to vote in Eurovision, you'll need to use a none smarty phone number 😞

Had a slow drawn out text chat with a human on customer services today. Here's the condensed outcome of that conversation :

I have checked with my team and they have informed me that at the moment you can't currently call the following numbers with any of the SMARTY plans:

• Premium numbers beginning with 09 or 07
  • Satellite numbers (numbers that start with 0088 or 0087)
  • Directory enquiries (118)

I have highlighted your issue with my team so we can active above number to make call from out of plan add ons

Once you are able to call above numbers we will update you through SMARTY website or dashboard

@Bumblebear I don't think that Eurovision voting will be on any of that type of number.

As far as I could see, sms votes are on a short code and calls are on a non-standard number - perhaps Irish?

Hi @MSF 

You can't vote by SMS from the UK.  And the landline number is 0901 52252 + country number

JoeFitz
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Shocking that we still can’t (after a year) text these 15p sms numbers.       I just don’t see what the issue is here. 

Smarty haven’t provisioned it, that’s the issue.

Take it up with Smarty directly - This community forum is populated by Smarty customers, who do not work for Smarty, so we have no input in to their decisions.