MaryCok_2176738
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Can you use your smarty data in the USA

4 REPLIES 4

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

No, you would need to add additional credit to your account to use data in the USA, and it will cost you a rather pricey 10p per MB of data.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@MaryCok_2176738  You cannot use the Smarty plan data while roaming outside the EU.

thanks have checked and need to but an add on which is fine as long as I can use my phone 

@MaryCok_2176738 You really need to check the Price Guide for costs in the USA: https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*1m6x89b*_ga*MjA5ODc3MzU1My4xNzI2MTM1Njc3... 

Calls will cost you 50p per minute to make and 5p per minute to receive. Texts are 20p each to send but free to receive. Data costs an extortionate 10p per Mb, so one Gigabyte will cost ยฃ102.40p !!!

You would do better to either buy a local sim in the USA or else an Esim if your phone can accept it. With the Esim, you can call vi apps like WhatsApp or FaceTime as they use data and it will be vastly cheaper. Online companies like Airalo often get good reviews (I have used them before with no problem).