cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage Map

jonnyphone
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I quite like the three coverage map because you can zoom out quite far on 5G mode, and see how the roll out is progressing country-wide.

On the old forum, I suggested adding the coverage checker to the SMARTY app, and I noticed this was added not long after, so it's good SMARTY do look at feedback on these forums to improve the service -  or maybe it was just on the app plan anyway! 🙂 

That said, I have another few suggestions that could make the coverage map even better by taking features from multiple operators and putting them into one great tool:
- Change from GoogleMaps to OpenStreetMap (more detailed, and save money for three)
- Mast Locations (O2 have this)
- Planned coverage (vodafone have this)
- Layer 4G and 5G coverage simultaneously (EE have this)
- Change colours showing coverage from shades of red to SMARTY colours 🙂

Maybe we can't have all the above, but consideration for one of these would be cool. Anyone have any similar thoughts on this ? what do you feel would be the most valuable out of these?

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Much as I applaud your suggestions, it is important to perhaps not lose sight of one fact. The map may suggest excellent coverage in your area but, as some have posted in the forum, your building may be interfering with the signal and so the map becomes unreliable.

jonnyphone
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

can be for 4G, i have found the 5G coverage to be reasonably accurate though; I think the 5G coverage may be using newer calculation, taking into account terrain and other variables better.