cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

congestion on 4g now waiting with 5g new phone for activation

planetarylight7
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have been with out service for second month now gone out changed my phone but having to wait a further 24 hours in the live mail box setting up services on new phone is taking a little longer than thought for team to get back with a activation code and what seems to be a sm dp +addess hoping some one can help here its from provider only thanks

7 REPLIES 7

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Huh?

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

โ€ƒ

An SM DP +Address is for use by eSIMs, which are embedded SIM cards. 

As Smarty do not currently support eSIMs, you have come to the wrong forum. 

https://www.simoptions.com/smdp-address/

IMG_1036.png

(This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty users)

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@planetarylight7 Just to explain that the 'provider' (Smarty) will not give you a reply on this Community Forum.

If you changed your phone and the new one accepts a physical SIM card, and if you already have an activated sim, then you should be able to put it in the phone and have immediate service.

If the sim needs activation, not sure why you need to wait for the team to get back to you.

Otherwise, you need to contact Support Team via web chat or you can complain to Smarty from the website.

planetarylight7
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

it is asking for sm dp+address to open up the data and sms and calling options on the phone

Again, an SM DP +Address is for *eSIMs* not physical SIM cards.

* Smarty does not currently offer eSIMs to its customers * 

Read the text in the screenshot below

IMG_1040.jpeg

โ€ƒ

the item above comes from your provider only 

Yes, an SM DP +Address is given by mobile providers who *support eSIMs*, an embedded SIM chip within the circuit board of your mobile phone. 

As I have already told you, Smarty does not support eSIMs. At the current time, Smarty only offers Physical SIM cards, the small plastic cards which encase some metal contacts, which you insert into a SIM tray within your phone. 

As you are asking about eSIMs you cannot be a Smarty customer. 

The only networks in the UK they currently support eSIMS are EE, O2, Vodafone, LycaMobile and Spusu. 

You normally receive an eSIM through a QR Code from your mobile provider, which you scan using your phoneโ€™s camera, and the eSIM is then automatically installed in your phone. You donโ€™t even need to know the SM DP +Address, unless for some reason, you have to manually install the eSIM yourself, rather than by using the QR code.

I suggest you contact the company from whom you acquired the eSIM, as it certainly isnโ€™t Smarty, as they donโ€™t offer eSIMs.