cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional call forwarding active

MonikaB_1632845
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi, I'm trying to make an international call, I do have the Out of plan add-on and yet the moment I try to make my call, it disconnects automatically and the following error pops out:

Conditional call forwarding active

I have not set the forwarding myself at any point and I did make international calls before with no issues, what happened?

9 REPLIES 9

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

If you have Voicemail enabled then you have 'Conditional call forwarding active'.

Why would that have anything to do with my calls immediately disconnecting though? I could understand that a specific person I'm trying to call could have the forwarding enabled themselves, but I've tried calling a couple of international numbers and the problem persists in every case, so it looks like something on my end

@MonikaB_1632845 wrote:

Why would that have anything to do with my calls immediately disconnecting though?

It doesn't have anything to do with your calls disconnecting. I was simply pointing out the message is normal behaviour and certain networks or device manufacturers show this message at the end of a call when call forwarding is active (including Voicemail) as a reminder. Call forwarding redirects incoming calls and plays no part in outbound calls.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@MonikaB_1632845  At the risk of asking the obvious....Have you checked in your phone settings that you have not set up any call forwarding?

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@MonikaB_1632845  Also, does this apply to more than one number that you are calling? If only one number, is it possible that this person has forwarded all calls e.g. phone turned off?

Yeah, I'm looking at it right now and it is disabled. At the risk of sounding stupid, I don't really see though how forwarding my incoming calls could prevent me from reaching someone else abroad? I know for a fact that the person I'm trying to call does not use this function. And the main problem is that my calls disconnect instantly

@MonikaB_1632845  Just trying to cover all bases really!

Can you check that this person has not accidentally set the phone to forward all calls?

Unfortunately it's not just that one number, the issue happens when I try to call literally any international number, including a business during working hours, which I successfully contacted before (while in this country and using roaming). No idea what's causing this, but super frustrating... Thanks for trying though!

Hi @MonikaB_1632845 - you might want to try dialling ##002# as this will cancel all call forwarding that is currently active. Please see here for a breakdown of call forwarding https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1463317-setting-up-call-forwarding