cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make/receive calls

William_2283330
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Suddenly cannot make or receive calls from my home, the "4G" sign on my phone is faded out, haven't been able to for several days, I can still make calls when I am out and about. The network checker shows as having a strong signal in my area!, I still have internet but cannot make wi-fi calls with my phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  William_2283330,

are you able to make a standard call that is not a wi-fi call? It may be best to speak to the customer care team who can offer account specific advice https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

they are coming back with nothing and said your 5G phone is nit compatible and ask you to change a new phone.

Kyorin
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

That list is not all that accurate. The Galaxy S7 doesn't work since they made this change to their network, but also the Galaxy S8 (which is not listed as being incompatible) also doesn't work.

The nightmare is my father-in-law had the S7, and so when I worked out what the issue was when his phone suddenly stopped working, I bought him a Galaxy S8, only to find that that didn't work either. Ended up getting him an S10e in the end which works fine.

It would appear that some S8's are ok and other S8's are not, which is very odd.