cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel under the 14 cooling off period

GuyGrah_2731620
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi. I'd like to cancel under the 14 cooling off period, as the data and phone signal is not as good as other providers in my area.

I have already tried using the chat service, but did not receive a response.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@GuyGrah_2731620 Unfortunately, you won't get a response here as we are members like you and don't work for smarty.

Web chat will be the way to contact Smarty between 8am and 8pm.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

@GuyGrah_2731620 Unfortunately with the Web Chat you may have to wait for a good while to get a response when connected. When I used them it took ~45mins for someone to engage with me and then they swap between however many chats they are replying to at the time and so replies will not be 'instant'. It's just a case of wait until they get to you I'm afraid!
Have you thought about just going ahead and requesting a PAC code and moving to a stronger network, as you are within your rights to do so, and sending an email informing them of the situation? If you are within the 14 days cancellation period you may only have to pay for that month (without the 1 month notice). Even if you are outside of the 14 days your contract is 'Month to Month' so you can change any time (although you may pay for both services for the over-lapping month)
The email is team@smarty.co.uk

@Decembersangel  @GuyGrah_2731620  If a customer disables the auto renew in their account dashboard, they will certainly not need to pay for anything further.

It is all covered clearly here: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/4262399-14-day-money-back-guarantee