Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't activate SIM.

AaronLo_1875925
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Live in the UK.

Got activation email. Clicked Activate SIM. Takes me to login page. Never used SMARTY before so don't have any login details and there is no option to sign up. Checked emails and there is no confirmation of any account ever being created.

So, clicked forgot password and instead of sending me a reminder it logged me into my account. So this means anyone can log into my account without needing a password. Great security.

Looked for any way to set or change password, there is none. Looked for any way to change account details, there is none. But there was an activate sim button so clicked that.

It asks if you want to transfer your number. I said no.

If asks if you want to cancel your old contract. I said no.

And then nothing. The process just fails. No error. Nothing. Just sits there doing nothing.

So, how can I activate my sim given everything what is written above?

2 REPLIES 2

AaronLo_1875925
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The SIM has now activated. There was no response from the webpage to indicate that the process had even started, but I received an email saying it's activated. All of this could have been avoided by just having a webpage saying something like: Your request to activate your SIM has been received. This can take up to 2 hours.

Unfortunately I never received this confirmation so thought it just wasn't happening.

Could this be an example of:

MORE Malarkey, not LESS Malarkey
LESS SMARTY, not More SMARTY

All this despite the boffins at SMARTY saying, we donโ€™t believe in needless complexity?