cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I send text messages from another SIM in the group plan?

Quin452
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I am thinking about setting up another SIM in my group plan.  I want to use it for an LTE backup for my router (in case I disconnect).
I use this for business, so it will mainly be used to text me when the router disconnects for whatever reason (currently it only emails me, but if there is no internet, it cannot send the email).

Now, since this would be a "business SIM", I was wondering if there is a way to send texts from this SIM outside of the router (it does have the functionality); perhaps as some form of a relay (which would be helpful to use it as a business line) to receive calls as well?

3 REPLIES 3

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

While it might be possible, your group account and SIM plans (terms & conditions) will all mention that SMARTY is a service that's just for consumers and is only intended for personal use. 

Good luck @Quin452

Quin452
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I see.  It's mainly to offer backup data for my router and to send alerts out, rather than anything strictly business (i.e. marketing).
But looking at the costs involved, it may be worth looking for a cheap PAYG SIM.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I've got a SMARTY 2GB data only SIM plan (in a Group Plan), which is my broadband backup.

This SIM is in my laptop, and has proved useful on a few occasions (for broadband service issues). I consider this an insurance policy.