cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra

JamesMc_2160697
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

After 30 years moved away from Vodafone. Delighted with SMARTY for my iPhone and iPad, however I’ve now lost Apple Watch connectivity as SMARTY don’t support e-sims. Happy to sign up with another Network to get the connectivity to my watch that I enjoy, any ideas the most cost effective way to achieve this? 

2 REPLIES 2

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Go back to Vodafone or sign up with EE or O2 direct. 🤷‍♂️

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

@WelshPaul is spot on.

Remember that because Smarty do not currently support eSIM for phones nor watches, If you decide to stay with Smarty for your iPhone, then if you sign up with EE, O2 or Vodafone to get connectivity for your watch, it will obviously be a different number on a different network. 

You would be better off porting your Smarty number to a network that supports eSIM and then adding an Apple Watch eSIM on the same network, so calls would work seamlessly on both iPhone and Apple Watch. 

When I used EE, their Apple Watch eSIMs were £7 a month in addition to the iPhone tariff I was on. This was about 2 years ago. I soon got rid of it, as the novelty of calls on an Apple Watch soon wore off for me.