cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100gb for £12

John_yorks
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

So I purchased a £12 plan with 100gb sim  around 3 weeks ago, but not yet activated the sim, (I was planning to activate in 3 or 4 weeks)

I, can't see the £12 plan now, is that no longer available?

But as I've already purchased this particular plan is it the case that I'll still get 100gb each month once I activate the sim? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@John_yorks  Do bear in mind that the people on here are community members and not staff, so you may get a response when someone with the necessary knowledge reads your post.

If you want a quicker response a company issue, it can be worth starting a web chat with the Support Team who are employees and should therefore respond in a timely fashion.

There are a number of members who now spend less time responding to queries (myself included); this is mainly due to a lot of threads containing queries that could easily have been answered with a small amount of research on the Smarty website (I am not referring to your query here though).

That said, I have just researched the website and come up with the following that may help you:

I'm on a discontinued plan, will I automatically be moved onto a new plan? 🤔

No, if you don't change your plan, you'll remain on your existing plan for as long as you like!

However, if you do change plans, you won't be able to change back to a discontinued plan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

John_yorks
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hmm? Am I right in thinking that a response won't necceserrily happen in the same millennium 

Ah thanks, I couldn't see that yesterday, perhaps I was looking on a different page, 

If smarty do remove that plan /deal, as I've already purchased it, will I still get 100gb each month when I've activated,

Incidentally thanks for replying, much appreciated 

@John_yorks  Do bear in mind that the people on here are community members and not staff, so you may get a response when someone with the necessary knowledge reads your post.

If you want a quicker response a company issue, it can be worth starting a web chat with the Support Team who are employees and should therefore respond in a timely fashion.

There are a number of members who now spend less time responding to queries (myself included); this is mainly due to a lot of threads containing queries that could easily have been answered with a small amount of research on the Smarty website (I am not referring to your query here though).

That said, I have just researched the website and come up with the following that may help you:

I'm on a discontinued plan, will I automatically be moved onto a new plan? 🤔

No, if you don't change your plan, you'll remain on your existing plan for as long as you like!

However, if you do change plans, you won't be able to change back to a discontinued plan

John_yorks
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks for the very comprehensive reply, it doesn't fully answer my question as I haven't activated the sim yet, I'll try a live chat or email. Customer service, 

Do you know the email address of smarty?

Incidentally, sorry for being impatient, I'm a member of giffgaff and you usually receive a reply in a few minutes 

@John_yorks  Once you purchase a plan that is current, then it becomes your 'existing plan' as per my reply above.

Email:

Other ways to get help

If you require customer support please contact us in the first instance using our web chat at http://smarty.co.uk, or alternatively you can email us at team@smarty.co.uk

As for GiffGaff - I used to be a customer but did not like the way things were going over there - especially the forum!!!

John_yorks
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I've been helping on giffgaff's community for 14 hours, there's never been an issue for me 

Thanks for the help, by the way, do you receive free credit for helping out here? 

@John_yorks Smarty don't run the same system as Giffgaff, where you get credit but have no idea how it was apportioned.

Members here do it simply to try and assist.