Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Tickets

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

SMR0108 Landing Page Card_600x420PX_v2_Opt2.jpg

You, your bestie and 90's icon Natalie Imbruglia at a show money can't buy... sounds pretty incredible, right? There’re 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs and every SMARTY customer has the chance to enter. Try your luck below.

Tell me more

This money-can’t-buy experience will take place at Virgin Radio's Sunset Sessions with SMARTY on Friday 29th September. ​

Hosted by drivetime legend Ricky Wilson, Natalie Imbruglia will perform an honest, intimate and stripped back set of her biggest and best hits. This exclusive performance will be set at the top of the NewsUK tower in London as the sun sets across the city – what an experience, right?

But hurry, the competition closing date is just around the corner…

Fancy it?

To enter you’ll need to respond below, telling us “What has been your favourite live gig and why?” We can’t wait to read your answers.

Terms and Conditions

1. The Prize Draw opens on 4th September 2023 at 09:00 and closes on 10th September 2023 at 23:59 (“Promotion Period”).
  2. No travel or accommodation expense will be covered.
  3. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be a SMARTY customer and be registered for the SMARTY Community within the Promotion Period, who is over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”)
  4. Those attending the event consent to their and their guests’ details being shared with News Broadcasting Limited and their contractors to facilitate the Prize and for SMARTY to use their names, photographs and any quotes they provide about the Event in any SMARTY marketing activity across some or all media channels.

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed, and we will make the draw for the winners from all the eligible entries  and contact them in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your email inbox. Make sure you check your spam folders too, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over 560 posts and have had an amazingly diverse range of response, from Christian festivals to back-room-of-a-pub gigs, from massive stadium concerts to someone’s wedding. It’s been brilliant reading them all. Thank you.

And it’s never too late to see live music; go to a big venue, visit a festival, or just see what your local arts’ centre has on. You never know what you’re going to find.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

We were delighted to welcome SMARTY competition winners to watch this intimate performance with Drivetime host Ricky Wilson hosting the event.

1696605265402.jfif1696605260325.jfif1696605263318.jfif

577 REPLIES 577

KaceyBr_2022001
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sam fender live in Birmingham (the only concert I have been to) Amazing vibes with amazing friends. Can’t wait for the next one 

Hope I win!

My only two gig I been to where feeder in Stoke on trent and rush in Birmingham but my wife love her and we are going to have and 5th year anniversary around that time and winning these  ticket would be a dream gift for a wonderful wife

RobertG_1660721
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favorite was Uprise festival 2021. I got to see and meet my favorite musician Jen Ledger perform with both her bands LEDGER and Skillet. Her music with LEDGER saved me from killing myself and helped me turn my life around and refind my faith. So i was most excited to see LEDGER open the festival. Her music has helped me through so much in the past 2 years. It was a day where I just felt pure joy and like I had no worries in the world. Even though when I met her I lost my words after saying “Thank You" and my friend explained how much her music has helped me. Jen genuinely seemed touched by my store and even commented on my post I made on Instagram about seeing her perform live.

EileenO000
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite live gig was The Killers in Belfast in 2019! Lewis Capaldi was the support act and being scottish it was incredible! They played Mr Brightside at dusk and it was the most insane atmosphere and the best crowd and one of my favourite experiences I’ve had!

CaseyJe_1348202
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite has to be when I watched Eminem at V Festival. It was always on my bucket list to watch him and he didn't disappointment either. The other good thing about it was being able to see so many other artists as well, but being able to watch Eminem live was incredible. I was lucky enough to be able to watch him with my cousin who also went to the festival and he's not here anymore so it makes the memories even better.

Hugh_Jorgan
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The Boss, Villa Park 2023, 42 years after I last saw him live. Since then I've celebrated 39 years of marriage, seen my kids grow up, leave home, get married and I now have three grandsons. Bruce and his buddies had boundless energy for the rock classics but also sang movingly about aging and death. Life isn't all good times but there's joy in sober reflection too. 

NigelWe_1821202
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite was seeing U2 on their Josha Tree World Tour in July 1987 at the old Wembley stadium. They were supported by Lone Justice, the late Lou Reed and The Pogues. It was a blistering hot July day and Wembley was filled with over 60000, U2 fans (and the Pogues, as they brough the house down). It was back in the day when groups performed more naturally, without all the electronic devices controlling what was going on. They all got on the big stage and performed! No big stage shows, no theatrics, just their music and personalities. I have been to many gigs, but this was the first and the most memorable. 

KarlWhi_2010296
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Going to watch Bon Jovi live in concert in my local area when he was on stage for over 3 hours of non stop rocking music and lost my hearing on that day well worth seeing.

Kayleigh_991161
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Never experienced this so I can't actually say 😢

LaurenWi_474446
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite gig was the Nelson Mandela concert I was 18 won tickets at a night club and me and my best friend Alan went so much fun and loads of great memories a day I would never forget. I think the reason it resonates so high for me is we never had mobile phones then so we had to engraved it on the brain and store it in the old memory file which I personally feel it makes special and personal to me oh and I met Phil Collins 

Happy rocking 

Wayne 

NewZealandGirl
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I went to see Mike Tramp from Dutch glam rock band White Lion on Thursday, 31st August 2023.

We had our Wedding Song by White Lion, "Till Death do us part". It's our 17th Wedding Anniversary on the 30th September 2023. I was at the front (4"10 of me, 6"2 Husband), I held up my sign I made to ask him to play "Till Death do us part". He played it, I cried all the way through. Recorded him on my phone, he pointed to us whist singing. He asked why I got so emotional, I told him it was our Wedding Song and it's the best anniversary gift ever. He gave me his guitar plectrum at the end, signed my sign and I had a picture taken with him. It was such an intimate and incredible experience. One I will remember forever.

He was at KK's Steel Mill, Wolverhampton ❤️

RussellH_458786
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Got to be the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park last year. Magical evening and a once in a lifetime experience. A warm evening with an iconic backdrop and one of the greatest bands ever. It doesn’t get much better!

JamesLa_1580252
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Coldplay in Melbourne, we had seats at the back so if you squinted you could just about see them… then halfway through they came to the back of the arena and played 3 songs 3 metres away, from back of the arena to front row seats, an unforgettable experience.

RifatQur_526521
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My last gig was when I attended the 2022  Asian Culture in Manchester Mega Mela. The artists were amazing and the particular highlight of the event was the east meets west thematic live music, helping to  bring diverse groups together to enjoy the electric atmosphere. Highly recommend this. 

StuartH_1909260
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Been to many music events and by far my best memory was of Embrace at Audley End. Such a great song writer and had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands. Fantastic night.

Great band, fantastic location with the perfect company, my wife 😍

P.s "Gravity" live will choke anybody up.. 😭

JanPayea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My most favourite gig was foo fighters at Stratford and I was so glad I got to Taylor Hawkins play before he passed away, they absolutely rocked the place 

iangraham747
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The best gig I have been at was the Who and Alex Harvey Band in Glasgow in the 70’s. 
when Alex and the band played in their home city it just got the massive crowd ready for The Who. This was when throwing drumsticks into the crowd was ok before anyone ever thought someone could get injured. 
what an atmosphere out in the open air with Roger and the boys doing their stuff, WOW, 40 plus years ago and never topped. There was a band called Widowmaker playing on the bill too, and I met Bob Daisley from the band twice at Heathrow airport. 

KeithM
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Rolling Stones in Roundhay Park Leeds in 1982. Iconic band with great support acts (Joe Jackson, George Thorogood, J Giels Band). Slept out in the park next to a large bonfire with the Hells Angels. What an experience.

Damian
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Sounds very cool! I live just round the corner from roundhay now! Wasn’t alive in ‘82 tho!

CLever
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My latest gig a few weeks ago. Stormzy's day at All Points East, Victoria Park, London. Forecast rain disappeared on the weather app. But it still turned up! It went from a drizzle to a torrent but it was too late to put my coat on, so we embraced it. It was magical. 1 and quarter hour journey home and was still drenched. Well worth it. 

It's still on all4 if anyone wants to see how bad the rain was amd how good he was. 

PaulaWell_67409
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ed Sheeran at Manchester last year! It was an audio visual delight with the multi screens and lighting effects! Such a talented performer 😍👍

NicoleL_1350557
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite GIG was going to kisstory at the o2 arena, it was 90’s music and I am a 90’s baby also!!! I had the best night- This would be a dream if I won a ticket to go to this event😬😬

SarahWi_2167648
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

July 1999 Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz and Stereophonics. It was my first concert post A-Levels and before I started working. It was at old Wembley and absolutely amazing. Epic acts and completely free of any responsibilities! 

SarahWi_2167648
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

July 1999 Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz and Stereophonics. It was my first concert and post A-Levels before I started my job. The acts were amazing and I was free from responsibility! It was at old Wembley, such an awesome experience and favourite concert memory. 

hapspa
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Two very memorable gigs have been Rolling Stones and AC/DC. 
They put up a fantastic show!!

ChrisCo_1094721
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite is Frank Turner at Hyde Park supporting Bruce Springsteen . The reason is Frank has the knack of winning new fans wherever he plays and has a massive following that sing along to all his set . Plus he is a big fan of Bruce and was just having such a great time as was we. 

Hollie_Elsee
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

With a doubt, Live 8 in 2005. My mum was lucky enough to a win tickets to go to Hyde Park and took me with her! No mean feat for a couple of people from the sticks in the north of Scotland. It was such a great day from start to finish, every artist absolutely killed it and my mum was amazing with all the fruit snacks she brought in. It was also the year I turned 18. A fantastic gig and memory 

LynneHew_898529
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I had a wonderful experience going to see James Taylor in October 2022 - I had seen James previously and on that earlier occasion I noticed he didn't leave the stage during the usual interval but instead stayed on the stage signing tickets, t-shirts, programmes (actually anything including skin) and although I queued on that occasion I wasn't quick enough and the interval was over.  I was gutted and vowed that if I ever had the chance to see him again I would be in that queue as quick as lightning.  I did get that chance in 2022 and guess what he didn't do the interval thing - once again I was gutted but at the end of the show he came out and stayed for ages signing everybody's stuff - he was amazing and so patient - I now have his treasured autograph on my favourite DVD that I had taken in - will treasure it forever.  The gigs are great obviously, but that goes without saying - the man is a legend!!

RichardW_488671
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

For me it has to be seeing Texas in the late eighties. It was before they hit the big time and they were doing a University tour. I saw them at Coventry University in the basketball court! There was only about 200 of us in the crowd and I was about a meter from the stage. Sharleen Spiteri was amazing, as was the support act, Gun (more Scottish rockets - remember their cover of “word up”?). I’ve never been to a more intimate gig. Great memories 🙂

graemep_1976478
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

As I am an old f*rt, I have seen many great shows, but the one that sticks in my mind the most, was Bon Jovi's first ever show in the UK promoting their 1st album May 23rd 1985 at the Dominion in Tottenham Court Road London. Great set, the the power went out, no light no PA, but the trooper played on. He sat on the edge of the stage acoustic guitar and played to the exit lights. the light came back on after about 15 minutes of him solo, He then said he had played for his mum and dad who were in the audience. Brilliant

AndrewN_1062139
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite gig was a Billie Eilish - mainly because it was amusing to be roughly 4 times the average age of those attending !!

SimonDow_952714
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A Timeless Night of Music: My Unforgettable Experience with Elton John and Ed Sheeran in Arkansas 2013

I'll never forget the magical night in 2013, when I had the privilege of attending a concert that left an indelible mark on my heart: Elton John, supported by the incredibly talented Ed Sheeran, in the fascinating state of Arkansas, USA. Allow me to recount the reasons why this concert was nothing short of a musical masterpiece.

1. **A Legendary Duo:** Elton John and Ed Sheeran on the same stage – it was a once-in-a-lifetime combination. Witnessing these two musical titans perform on the same bill was a dream come true.

2. **Timeless Hits:** Elton John's repertoire of timeless classics, including "Rocket Man" and "Tiny Dancer," took us on a nostalgic journey. The crowd sang along, creating an electric atmosphere that resonated with pure joy.

3. **Ed Sheeran's Rising Star:** Ed Sheeran, still on the cusp of superstardom in 2013, showcased his raw talent with hits like "Lego House" and "The A Team." His intimate, heartfelt performance was the perfect complement to Elton's experienced showcase.

4. **Diverse Audience:** The concert brought together fans of all ages and backgrounds, uniting us through the power of music. The sense of unity and camaraderie among the crowd was palpable.

5. **Elton's Showmanship:** Elton John's charisma and showmanship were unparalleled. His flamboyant personality and energetic piano playing had the crowd on its feet from start to finish.

6. **Musical Mastery:** The musicianship displayed by both Elton and Ed was awe-inspiring. Their flawless performances left no doubt that they were true masters of their craft.

7. **Emotional Connection:** Each song was not just a performance but an emotional journey. Whether it was a heartfelt ballad or an upbeat anthem, the artists had an incredible ability to connect with the audience on a profound level.

8. **Intimate Venue:** The concert took place in a basketball arena in the heart of Arkansas state university. The surroundings added to the overall experience, making it a personal experience.

9. **Unforgettable Encore:** As the night drew to a close, Elton returned to the stage for an unforgettable encore. The encore's energy and passion left us all with a sense of euphoria that lingered long after the final notes had faded.

10. **Lifetime Memory:** This concert wasn't just a performance; it was an unforgettable memory etched into my soul. It taught me that music has the power to transcend time and connect people in ways we never imagined.

In conclusion, the Elton John and Ed Sheeran concert in Arkansas in 2013 was an extraordinary musical journey that combined the brilliance of two generations of musicians. It was a night of pure magic, joy, and timeless music that will forever hold a special place in my heart.

PoonamS_1590892
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

There are live music experiences, and then there are moments in time when an artist's performance transcends the boundaries of entertainment, leaving an indelible mark on your soul. For me, one such unforgettable night was when I had the privilege of attending a John Legend concert. It wasn't just a concert; it was a journey through emotions and melodies that touched my heart in ways I never thought possible.

John Legend, the modern-day maestro of soul and R&B, has an enchanting ability to transport his audience into the depths of human emotions with his music. The concert took place on a warm summer evening, and as I took my seat, I was filled with anticipation and excitement. Little did I know that this night would become my all-time favorite live gig.

The moment John Legend stepped onto the stage, a wave of electricity coursed through the audience. He opened with "All of Me," a song that had touched countless hearts worldwide. The raw emotion in his voice, the gentle piano melody, and the intimate lyrics created an atmosphere of vulnerability and love that enveloped the entire arena. It was a moment of collective unity, as thousands of us sang along, our voices blending into a harmonious chorus.

What made this concert stand out was not just John Legend's extraordinary vocal prowess but also his ability to connect with each person in the audience. He spoke to us as if we were old friends, sharing stories behind his songs, his journey as an artist, and his vision for a world filled with love and compassion. Between songs, he addressed themes of social justice and equality, using his platform to inspire and educate.

One of the highlights of the night was when John Legend performed "Glory," his collaboration with Common from the film "Selma." The song's message of hope and resilience, combined with John's soul-stirring delivery, left not a dry eye in the house. The audience's applause was thunderous, a testament to the power of music to ignite change and raise awareness.

Throughout the concert, John Legend effortlessly switched between piano ballads, up-tempo hits, and soulful classics. His band, a group of exceptionally talented musicians, complemented his performance with precision and passion. Each song felt like a journey, taking us through the highs and lows of human emotions.

As the concert drew to a close, John Legend ended with an encore performance of "Ordinary People." It was a poignant and intimate moment, just him and his piano, stripped down to the essence of his artistry. The simplicity and vulnerability of this performance left an indelible mark on my heart.

John Legend in concert was not just a music performance; it was a spiritual experience. It was a night when music transcended time and space, a night when the power of lyrics and melody reminded us of our shared humanity. It was a night I will forever cherish, and that is why John Legend in concert will always be my favorite live gig.

WayneNe_1407551
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Ive never been to any gig qnd dont really have any favourite bands

pssc1984
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best concert ever was in the front row in a festival hearing and singing my heart out at Bestie Boys. The vibe, the music, the players, the fest was just unique

Annabel_2215345
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Vampire Weekend, they didn't need the' bells and whistles' to play a gig where their genuine absolute love of playing and singing shone through. 

HANNAHM_1781360
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Cold play at Rodio one, a small audience and they had so much presence! It was fantastic 

Anthony_2186433
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Depeche Mode. Crystal Palace 1993. First time I saw Mode in an outdoor Arena. The sun shone and at that time in my life (I was 22) that tour and those songs was the soundtrack to my life. There is nothing greater than singing along in the same room as the legends you love. Good memories.