We’ve built this community to provide a better service to you, our SMARTY customers. It really is your community. And to make sure it’s always a welcoming and rewarding space to hang out we’ve added a few simple guidelines and rules, everyone must follow.
1. Be respectful
Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions, so keep it constructive and mind your language.
2. Be relevant
Please stay on topic and avoid the temptation to post the same message more than once. You won’t get a quicker response - and it will make the community feel spammy. Of course new questions and topics are always welcome, but start a new thread rather than go off point.
3. Be clear
Try to be as clear as possible when you ask a question or offer a solution. It helps everyone – besides, the more helpful you are the more Kudos you’ll receive.
4. Be generous
Without sounding like your gran, saying thank you is always appreciated, so let people know and be generous with your Kudos.
5. Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
6. Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
7. Be alert
Let’s keep the Community a safe space to hang out. If you spot something out of order or that breaks the rules, report it to our Moderators. No harm in asking if you’re unsure.
1. Be defamatory of any person.
2. Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
3. Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
4. Promote sexually explicit material.
5. Include child sexual abuse material.
6. Exploit, abuse or groom for sexual abuse a child or children.
7. Contain any content that could be construed as advertising, recruiting, soliciting or procuring a child for sexual exploitation or abuse, or organising to do so.
8. Promote violence.
9. Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
10. Disclose the personal information including, for example, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual (including yourself). Remember that the user name you choose will be public so choose a nickname if you don’t want your full name appearing publicly.
11. Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
12 Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence and must not contain any confidential information.
13. Be in contempt of court.
14. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
15. Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
16. Imply an association with Three or SMARTY.
17. Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
18. Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
19. Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
20. Manipulate badges, Kudos and awards.
21. Do not include children in your videos;
22. If you include other adults, please make sure you have their consent to be included;
23. Do not include any third party copyrighted music, audio, voice over, text, graphics, photographs, video or other intellectual property including trade marks unless you have a licence to use.
The above list is not exhaustive and we reserve the right to take any action necessary to protect the integrity of the platform and to remove harmful content.
We want this community to be your go-to space for answers, to pick up clever tips and occasional hacks, but of course, not every answer will work for everyone all the time, so please bear that in mind.
We all have our opinions – which probably align most of the time, but sometimes they might not work for you. Just apply your own filter, like you do when you browse online.
When our moderators answer you directly, the information they provide will be correct at the time they post it, however it may be subject to change. If you’re unsure ask again.
Other things to remember:
Some members will have SMARTY uniforms or a SMARTY logo in their avatar – to show they work for us.
We encourage our staff to contribute to topics and discussions, but they’re not here to answer questions 24/7.