cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sparks travel eSIMs - Good prices, 45 day validity period

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Sparks offer good prices in addition to their plans being valid for 45 days rather than the usual 30 days.

https://sparks.travel/ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2 ,

Sounds like another good eSIM provider, with the option to make purchases in more than one currency.

There's only one slight hitch.  Although my phone has both physical SIM and eSIM, many providers don't seem to support Fairphone

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2 ,

Sounds like another good eSIM provider, with the option to make purchases in more than one currency.

There's only one slight hitch.  Although my phone has both physical SIM and eSIM, many providers don't seem to support Fairphone

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

They probably do support Fairphone, but “don’t shout about” 

Most eSIM providers not only give you a QR code, but also SM DP+addresses and activation codes, to enable manual set up of eSIMs.

EDIT : As fairphone are Android phones, they may well be supported via QR Code - You could try a 1 GB European eSIM, which can be used in the UK, as a test and see what happens.

IMG_1079.jpeg

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2,

Sounds a good idea.  I'll see what happens. Thanks

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Give it a go, let me know what happens

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2,

I've got a 1GB plan from Sparks.  Haven't done much, but all seems to work as expected 😊

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Good news. 

IIRC, Sparks use Vodafone in the UK

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JJP2,

From the Sparks eSIM I've started using suggests, you're right.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Credit where it’s due, my Sparks eSIM has worked really well in both Prague and Pardubice here in the Czech Republic, with a high quality service on Vodafone Czech Republic.