YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

EmmaDohe_706955
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech has to be the oculus quest 2. We have 2 in the house so we can use it as a family and it brings us together instead of been in different rooms on the xbox. I love how real it is been inside the game interacting with other people and not just playing on the screen. I don't know what I more I would do with phones as my first phone when it came out was a Nokia which only played snake so I think the phones of today are amazing, the things you can already do with them are crazy. You have the world at your finger tips, you want to know something ask your phone, you want to see a family member you haven't seen for ages use wattsapp. You need to learn how to fix your computer look on YouTube. Need a last minute present go online shopping. Possibilities are endless with mobiles phones aslong as you have a decent mobile Internet supplier like smarty.

AngelaMo_509586
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that my HONOR 50 phone charges really quickly... Great for when it's late and I have forgotten to put it to charge and I need it done quickly. I would love if phones could be solar powered. Rapid charging is great but it still uses electricity. I would love if this kind of Tech could go greener. 

TitusSh_1730194
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love  my kindle. It's great on holiday. Sharing books is ace.

TitusSh_1730194
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Luv my kindle. Great for holidays. 

Martin_T
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

Old Nokia bricks, modern phones break so easily so it'd be nice to have a phone on the market that sacrificed a bit of sleekness for more durability since you just end up buying a bulky phone case anyway

RachelGr_105445
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Honestly it’s my phone I can’t live without it, from diary to shopping lists, films and work groups..everything I need in one place 

MarkH_7
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love how versatile my cameras are on my phone the fact I can't just point and shoot and trust that the photos will come out great

Elsee
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I loved my green Motorola Pebl. Loved the way the clamshell opened with just a slight slide of the top. It felt lovely in my hand. Would be wonderful if you could get it in a modern smartphone version. I still have my original Pebl as I can't part with it even though it is obsolete now. 

kallyxx1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Interested in winning, in the future I want to see companies making the phone charger very fast ultra fast charges in like 5minutes and last 5days

GeorgiaS_155905
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's got to be my hard drive. I have photos of passed family members and loved ones. I love going through it every now and then, and remembering all of the amazing times we had together ❤️ 

Martin_T
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Modular devices so parts can be switched out and upgraded with the added bonus of being able to be repaired cheaply and easily.

MikeHea_1368393
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my amazon echo dots as they allow me to play music but also link up my smart door sensor and smart doorbell. 

GerardCl_836097
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung Galaxy. Mostly because of its ease of use. Only thing I would like to see from old mobiles on today's handsets is that every phone should come with the classic game snake already preloaded! 😎. As for future features I think I'll just sit back & enjoy the surprise of whatever that brings! 

BarryLi_1353387
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite and most used bit of tech is the iPad. The best bit about it is that you can just pick it up, do what ever you want to do then put it down again - it’s always there, ready and waiting. My Samsung phone comes a close second.

kawaiicupcake
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love being able to access information, guides or directions so quickly, from my phone. Being old enough to still remember dial-up, it's pretty incredible that we have access to so much up to date information from a device that's small enough to fit in your hand.

Dylj
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my smartphone as it allows me to be able to connect with people across the globe in seconds, with reasonable decent quality of connection.

CallumD_1462738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’d love to see a mobile phone with all features on that has a battery that would last longer than 2 days like they currently do now. Like a week would be great.

I’d also love for apple to be more creative with the software - change the design up a bit. Don’t get me wrong I love my iPhone, they just seem to always be the same. Though I wouldn’t get another android - I’ve had far too many and have always gone back to apple, they are too fiddly and the camera quality on apps. Not for me. Everyone has a different preference I suppose :).  

If I could bring any phone back and update it, it would have to be a BlackBerry - those were popular through my teenage years and honestly the best phone I’ve had - they could withstand anything and the battery was great. Don’t get me started on BBM, that app was great. Not forgetting the security!

DonovanL22
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love getting home from work obviously. But once I'm having my time before I go to bed, I go onto my android tablet. It's nothing fancy but I watch YouTube, sky go to watch the football and Netflix. I love all three and I'm on it everyday. In an advancement on tech I think it would be really cool if there was a way you could create as you learn. We see loads of things online like web development and how to use software. But wouldn't it be really cool if you could download some free software that would show you how to create an app on your own choosing but would also teach you different things so you could possibly open a job opportunity from doing a hobby. 

ChrisHar_338891
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my camera app and the way it interacts with my electric gate. Through my phone I can control both from anywhere in the world to give people access to my property.

Sarah
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my phone. No other device comes close to the ability to keep me sane, from getting me up in the morning, to reminding me what I need to do during the day, to reading me books, to paying for my shopping, searching for gifts, telling me the news, calling my mum.... need I go on?!

LeeBart_1421835
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Screen size, makes it so much easier to use the Internet and all the streaming apps plus I can set it up for the kids to keep them entertained when I'm making them dinner.

Nim_133212
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my huawei p30 lite - its so reliable and has lasted me over 3 years!!

HannahWa_924214
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my nikon p900 camera it's an amazing bit of kit that can zoom 30x I can get clear pictures of the moon and all its craters from my doorstep 

AlishaS_1494291
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I currently own an iPhone 8 Plus. Made by apple. What I love about technology is how it can make you feel so connected with people, no matter how far they are in the world. Even with people u don’t know there is a sense of community, a sense of connection. Technology is advancing and there are so many opportunities for everyone and benefits of it. I also love how the elder members of our community are now signing up to classes to learn about technology and how to use ir. It makes my heart happy. ❤️

Drew
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone, it's been a lifesaver over the last couple of years and is always on hand if I need to grab a quick photo, check the latest news, find a restaurant or keep in touch with the world. I'd be truly lost without it.

One bit of tech I'd love to see updated would be the Sinclair C5, a little electric vehicle would be amazing, although electric scooters are good, I just loved the concept of the C5, it was way ahead of its time.

I can foresee that in the not too distant future you'll probably have more conversations with your phone than with actual people, a natural language interface would be a great feature that would raise what you can do with your device just by talking with it, instead of having to give your phone commands like we currently have with Siri etc.

Stephen_1153784
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best piece of tech I have? Probably my smart watch, after some recent health issues (pacemaker) I can monitor my heart rate and oxygen saturation levels at anytime I feel the need to , plus it will alert me if 'things' don't appear normal.

H18WKD
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I absolutely love my Surface Pro X! One of the things that I appreciate the most is its portability. It's incredibly thin and lightweight, making it easy to take with me on the go. The build quality is also top-notch, and I feel confident that it can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.

Another feature that I appreciate is the performance. The Surface Pro X is powered by a Qualcomm processor, which provides plenty of speed and power for all of my needs. The battery life is also excellent, allowing me to work for several hours without needing to plug in.

AlishaS_1494291
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I currently own an iPhone 8 Plus. Made by apple. What I love about technology is how it can make you feel so connected with people, no matter how far they are in the world. Even with people u don’t know there is a sense of community, a sense of connection. Technology is advancing and there are so many opportunities for everyone and benefits of it. I also love how the elder members of our community are now signing up to classes to learn about technology and how to use ir. It makes my heart happy. ❤️

H18WKD
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'd love to see BlackBerrys updated because I find typing on a physical keyboard to be much more efficient and their reputation for security is a huge plus. Plus, having a new and updated BlackBerry in the market would provide more options for consumers who want a balance of productivity, security and communication features. And let's not forget, there's a lot of us who still prefer the feeling of a physical keyboard and updating the BlackBerry would allow us to keep using our beloved devices with the latest features and software.

William_1400116
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

So my candidate is an update to the Google Pixel 4 phone on google's current smartphone lineup.

To me, secure facial recognition as pioneered by Google and Apple, and then now ONLY used by Apple makes for a really superior smartphone experience.

Google dropped the technology in their phones but there is absolutely no reason why they could not re-instate it.

In fact the Pixel 6 had an apalling under screen fingerprint reader and the Pixel 7 is not exactly stellar forcing Google to add insecure face unlock to their phones.  What a travesty.

So yes,  bring back secure face unlock to Android phones,  that is my sincere wish for the future.

regards william

Jollyxi
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my phone that let's me do so many and different things, I am able to talk people far away from me but also take pics of things in front of me.

I wish old consoles would have a remake like PSP or game boy.

I would like smartphones to be less immersive and give to people the life that they took away back. Now everyone is looking at the screen and people forgot how to socialize and be around others 

CaptainTank
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my pixel as it's reliable. Would love to see a Sony Ericsson upgraded in the modern age and I think it would be great for phones to be used as a hub for smart home tech

JoyOlul_1517581
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love notes features, Windows would be lovely,extended battery life 

SamuelG_1128197
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi my current favourite feature is my camera on my phone as on my last phone the glass smashed so had to do without for over 12 months. If technology was no issue it would be brilliant to see an updated Nokia 3330 with the modern tech on modern phones with the old games. 

Future features I would to see are mental health apps come as standard rather than stuff like Facebook things that will help you. The biggest killer of men under 45 in the UK is suicide so apps to help with that would be brilliant. I think ripple has one. Tough enough to care is another good website that helps with mental health problems

MartinC_1528954
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd love to have my old NOKIA 8 up dated,our win this new phone😍

KIRITRA_1198066
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like the tech giants to develop a very long lasting battery. Can we not have a hand wind up battery charger? 🤷‍♂️

AlanMCMO_801599
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My HP Spectre laptop with its old i7 processor is ages old now and was a used machine when I got it, but it soldiers on with everything I ask of it and has been amazingly dependable. Thank you HP!

DK
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to see BlackBerry smart devices with the new BlackBerry OS

JohnWal_1656161
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Xiaomi Mi9T 128GB/ 6GB RAM coz it's great for gaming and multitasking. It has a great battery too and a pop-up camera. In the future would like to upgrade to a device with a more modern better Snapdragon chip alongside more RAM, bigger battery also a pop-up camera preferably 😄

H18WKD
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'd like to see mobile devices fitted with satellite connection because it would ensure that we are always connected no matter where we are. With satellite connection, we wouldn't have to worry about losing internet connectivity in remote or rural areas, or during natural disasters or other emergencies. This would be particularly beneficial for people who work or travel in remote locations, as well as for emergency responders who need to stay connected in the field. Additionally, having a satellite connection on mobile devices would also give people more flexibility and freedom to work or communicate from anywhere they want. Overall, having a satellite connection would greatly enhance the reliability and accessibility of mobile devices, making them truly "mobile" in every sense of the word.