YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

CarlMitc_934290
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My smartphone is my favourite piece of tech I would be so bored without it! Would love a fully modern version of the Nokia 3210 with the same toughness as the original would be great! In the future would love my smart device to project a 3d screen for watching videos! 

RaymondM_882925
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Samsung A8 Tablet. Along with Smarty Sim it is mobile art studio, browser, office, TV and Sat Nav. I never travel without it

Russ
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love how all my Apple devices (largely) communicate together. I love fingerprint recognition and wish I had it on my iMac too!

DarynSh_1308623
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Ipad as I've found it my favourite and most reliable instrument for DJing, was using my laptop for  years with numerous issues, doing it via ipad is much simpler

OdinRobi_887600
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love SBC’s (single board computers) as they are so versatile and can do anything within reason. I would like to see more open source tech so that you can choose what operating systems, and mod them to your preferences. 

AndrewCl_696546
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Apple fan in general. Have a Mac, iPad mini and iPhone which all talk to each other, I can connect to my TV, Sonos so Music in every room, and it is all effortless.  

JesusMN
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see well implemented AR capabilities. Being able to overlay AR elements while recording would be very fun. 

MikeBrow_386454
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

Connectivity, NFC, Bluetooth etc and how easy they are to use and how easy they have made our lives. Having everything securely in one pocket.

BethanH_1428529
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love having a phone with fingerprint ID. It makes online banking so much easier and still feel secure. It also feels so futuristic, so far from the first mobile phone I had that didn't even lock.

IreneDu_1188373
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPad I can do everything on it.

ZsSz_17
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the support my phone get time to time, regularly from then manufacturer. Keep it safe, get new features. It never happened before with other brands.

OnePlus - Never Settle 

Canuck
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech is my smartphone as contains absolutely everything I need. All I need to travel the world is this and a passport!!!

Dave42094
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My favourite piece of tech is my mobile phone. Mainly because it is so versatile. It’s a great camera , it lets me search the web, use email,  talk to people, and pay for things. So now I only need to carry around one device instead of 3 or 4. 

Gibson2907
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My smart phone is pretty basic but does everything I need it to, like camera, social media etc. I think however if I could project things off my phone that would be handy for instance if I wanted to show a video to a few people if I could project it onto a wall it would be easier than all huddling round a phone. 

zer0
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello

I am really excited about the development of mobile networks, and especially in terms of data transfer (speed, response, coverage, etc.) because the shift of service from wired providers allows me to feel much more free in this world where we work and play online. Of course, in the last mile part, not the backbone.

Regards.

nickdavis_1967
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my device is a samsung galaxy s20 ultra

and i love the battery life and its camera

KelseyB_1443491
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone, the camera is such good quality I can easily document my travels with good quality pictures

AnikoSin_797788
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick
  • What do you love most about your current devices? The fact that I can read my books on a tablet or mobile and don't have to carry them with me is super convenient.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?    I want in the new smartphones what Nokia could provide back in the day, when you only had to charge a phone like once a week. 😉

SallyWi_1077908
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone as it's not too big so it will fit in even a womens size pocket!

KelseyB_1443491
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone. The camera is great quality which means I have nice pictures to document my travels 

EvaVeve_1723146
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My current device mostly has a sentimental value but I love how wide the screen is. In the future most important feature for me would be a long battery life so I could go days without charging my phone even if using a lot.

CallumD_1462738
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Amazon FireStick. Being able to watch all my favourite shows using the fast 5G speeds of smarty by tethering from my phone is the best way. No buffering at all!

TomChee
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Q1: Moto g9 power. The big battery life :3

Q2: Any  pre-HDMGlobalNokia phone i guess? Those windows phone devices were the best. But this time with better environment for developers, to make their apps available ofc:)

Q3: AR glasses. I see lot of potential in those. Notifications, GPS etc. 

KelseyB_1443491
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone. The camera is such good quality it’s makes it easy to document my travels 

Jay
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite tech device that's very crucial to me is my Smart Watch, it allows me to keep motivated to achieve my fitness goals every single day and keep me active so i can lead a healthy life style.

Right from exercising, to breathing and sleeping all through one device, it's magnificent.

WillBla_1523140
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Favourite bit of tech are our wi-fi light bulbs. No more switching off the big light and stubbing our toes on the leg of the bed (Ouch). Can now  get into bed and tell the light to switch of via Google Home, fantastic.

RobTind_1383810
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the camera on my current device , snap shots and memories captured from within your pocket. 
I would love to see the Nokia N95 be reinvented, the size, the functions it was amazing back in the day, stereo speakers too from Bose. Marvellous piece of technology.

as for future phones, I would like to see an unhackable phones OS or eco system. Privacy and data secure and reassured to its user. 

Pinny
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

So I think a good feature on my iPhone would be a ‘quick click’ button to record the call you are on for future use! 

Patrici_1008748
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my wee iPad as does everything a laptop can and so handy to pack  or carry around.

AnnPalme_606574
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung phone but its getting old just like me😪 so a new phone would be fabulous.  I just love having some much info at my finger tips, couldn't be without my phone now,  for keeping intouch with family and friends to my love of google and now youtube,  what a source of info that is 👌👌

Georgia_1643250
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd love high spec phones to have better battery life - I loved the good old days of the Nokia 3310 which would last a week, easy! I find I'm often caught out without battery and that's frustrating. 

Allison_1582773
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my mobile phobe, especially when I go on holiday, I remember before mobiles I'd take my boarding pass and tickets, my camera, my camcorder, my Walkman for a bit of music on the beach, a magazine or book and even a couple of maps or destination guides, suprised I had any space left in my suitcase! Now I have everything I need in the palm of my hand...isn't tech AMAZING👏.....and doesn't this post make me sound REALLY old?!? 🤣😂🤣

shiuger
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my current device cause it wasnt overpriced and still works like most phones do.

mickthepole1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung S21. I have everything in one device 😊 

Stephen_1025808
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like GPS and GPS Mapping apps because I'm into hiking/backpacking/wild camping. I'm an old crumbly so I don't need the latest and greatest tech tbh, as long as the GPS works!

DanielD_1243818
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My iPhone 12  is a great all rounder, it links my iPad and old iMac seamlessly However, as I do most banking, emails etc and travel with it. I’d love an extra emergency power facility to use, except low power mode. And SMARTY is G R E A T . 

William_1545170
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love that my phone has my day to day  banking and office needs on one device, easy to use. It's a mobile office in my pocket. Just wish battery life was better.

mickthepole1
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung S21, I have everything I  need in one place 😊

MrGatty
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?

The thing I love the most about my current Xperia XZ3 is how much abuse it has taken over the years with hardly a scratch! Only when it finally goes kaput will I ever replace it! 

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I'd be amazed to see a refined and modernised Xperia Play - What a treat it would be able to play high quality games on the go without a separate device and physical buttons!!

I'd love to see phones being made with tactile-physical buttons that were competitive with touchscreen devices, without being gimmicky! 

Jonatha_1365123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my tablet I can watch all types of content across the board