YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

hansolo
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love that I can call Siri from the other room and it will still hear me! I also love that lock screens on iPhones are now more customisable with different colours and wallpaper galleries.

I am excited to see (hopefully and finally) USB-C on iPhones this year!

Sorry, I accidentally replied twice to the prize draw as didn't realise I had to verify my email before it could be sent lol

hope this doesn't screw my chances. sorry!

pugsben
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Has to be my smart watch . Never wore a watch really till I finally got a smart watch . Amazing how it knows my sleep patterns heart rate steps I do ect . Even can pay for things in shops with it . Which is very novel to me lol 

ChrisJonMcNair
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Most technology in my house has caused me problems of some kind of been faulty however, when it works I do like Google Home as it allows me to be more productive.

I think projector technology has alot of potential however for it to take off and replace TV's it will have to perform better with ambient light.

I would like to see the end of the camera screen cutout and I would like to see the headphone jack come back.

ChrisJonMcNair
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Alot of tech in my current home has broken or been faulty however, when it works, Google Home helps me to be more productive.

I would like to see projector technology updated to perform well under more ambient light as I think that is a big reason why people get a TV instead of a projector.

I would like to see the camera cutout in the screens disappear at some point and I would like to see the headphone jack come back.

Stratis_1028454
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If technology barriers were no issue, I would definitely upgrade the classic Motorola v50 flip-phone.  I bought this back in 1998-1999 in uni, and it was my first phone.  I had saved up money from working at a job in the college library, and I remember the feeling I got when I bought it, unboxed it, and held it my hands for the first time - it was just a rush!  It was just so tiny and chic, yet functional.  I felt like a different person when "flipping" it open when I received a call or a text when I was in a crowd.  
So, this would be my phone to upgrade, not only for nostalgic purposes, but it shows a time when you were witnessing technology about to explode into something we couldn't fathom yet back then.  Exciting times...

RoyT
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my new to me Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. Its faster and bigger screen area than previous phone. 

DKofC
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I would love to see a compltely rollable phone in the future, a "scroll" phone if you will. Benefits of a big screen with it taking very little space!

JamesSt_1876212
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love all android devices watches, phones and all my moto G7 loads of battery life.

PhilipS_1801472
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Samsung Galaxy A53 5G because I can watch netflix, nowtv. Would love future phone to add top of the screen LED for SMS, Email etc rather than always on display can be hit and miss. Bigger battery 6000mAh for full two days.

Chrisce_1097061
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love using the camera element of my phone. A pull out powerful telescopic lens could be fun!

RobertaV_336750
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The things the I love the most about my apple devices are their user-friendliness and design. They are very intuitive to use and beautiful!

Shely
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Chromebook. The minute I switched to it, from Windows, I found within about 10 minutes of use just how quick and easy home computing can be. And even when it automatically updates, it's effortless and doesn't compromise the system unlike Windows has done to me personally in the past.

A classic tech device I would love to see updated is the great record/vinyl player - yes I know you could argue that they kinda have already but I mean combining the very best of the classic record player with today's advancements in music streaming.

And finally, from mobile tech in the future I would like to see advancements in VR.

ScottHa_1449151
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ok it seems the post was edited and now there is more criteria to enter so I'll post a new answer. My current device is a Doogee V20. I'd love to see the Nokia Lumia 1520 updated windows abandoned a brilliant operating system on a phone with a camera that rivals some modern day phones. Future features I'd like see on future technology is better batteries. Safer and longer lasting and made from more sustainable products rather than lithium 

Fintan
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Loving the ease of face recognition to do near about everything without having to type in and remember passwords. 

GM_47
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my galaxy A13 and galaxy tab, the way they link to my Samsung TV is effortless and smooth

TonyHolden
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The 8000+mah battery and rugged body on my Blackview BV8800 phone. 

I'd love to see an up to date Psion series 5.

I'd like to see Starlink capability brought into mobile tech in the future. 

ArvydasJ_714615
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Turiu įvairių įrenginių, kurie man padeda pasinaudoti Andriod ir Windows privalumais. Man patinka debesis, todėl galiu dirbti bet kur

GarryKi_1459885
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone 12 Pro Max but it frustrates me that Apple bring out a new phone every year at huge costs. I would like new iPhones to be made with recyclable materials with the planet in mind. This should be the norm for all new tech in my opinion.

SvenMis_1761016
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite device is a multi language translation device, I have tried a few but the best one is the app on my phone. 

Kororoberts
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPad which keeps me in touch with my grandson in New Zealand. He gets up early, which is evening in UK and I help him with his maths. Technology is amazing. Talking across 12500 miles, literally half a world away in real time is amazing. He's 13 and I'm 74, but the iPad brings us together!

StewartG_376940
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I  love that it fits in a small pocket

Zhan_17171
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

What I love most about my current Pixel 6A is that it has that Magic Eraser which can erase annoying passerby on my nicely taken photos with ease! 

Patrick_1076894
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smartphone camera as I have used it to take photos, post them on Google map thus helping millions of people to navigate their way to their destinations. By so doing I have seen over 1.6 million viewers on my Google maps photos. 

There's some major features that mobile tech can upgrade to make people love their gadgets more. 

Frances_037
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my iPhone but want better batteries in the future. 

MarcelB_1530987
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

I'd love to see classic devices like landlines, radios and TVs updated with modern features, landlines with features like wireless charging, better sound quality and better call clarity. I would like to see in the future radios with more stations, better sound quality and more features like podcasts and streaming, TVs with more channels, better resolution and more interactive features like voice control and motion control. Ultimately, I'd like to see all these devices become more energy-efficient and greener, with longer-lasting batteries and more power-saving features.

One feature that I think would be quite useful is more advanced AI assistants that can understand user requests and provide accurate and helpful responses, also seeing further advancements in augmented reality and virtual reality technologies that could be applied to gaming, entertainment and other industries and I would like to see a more seamless integration between mobile devices and other connected devices such as wearables and appliances, enabling a more connected and automated home. Enhanced security and privacy features on mobile devices, enabling safe storage and access to sensitive data. Ultimately, I'd like to see cell phones with longer battery life, faster charging capabilities, and more energy-efficient features.

MarcelB_1530987
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

One feature that I think would be quite useful is more advanced AI assistants that can understand user requests and provide accurate and helpful responses, also seeing further advancements in augmented reality and virtual reality technologies that could be applied to gaming, entertainment and other industries and I would like to see a more seamless integration between mobile devices and other connected devices such as wearables and appliances, enabling a more connected and automated home. Enhanced security and privacy features on mobile devices, enabling safe storage and access to sensitive data. Ultimately, I'd like to see cell phones with longer battery life, faster charging capabilities, and more energy-efficient features.

ARNIEDH_1525766
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?
    I love how easier its become to take high quality photos and videos, I no longer need a separate camera with a mini tripod when I go abroad as everything can be done with a smartphone thanks to image stabilization. 

MarkMor_1895403
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my P30 pro. Its fairly old now, but still does everything I need it for and more. 

I would love the old vectrex game console to be modernised as it was great back in the day. 

In future I would like to see super long battery life, and also the continuation of camera technology on mobiles that would eventually compete with top end SLR cameras for both speed and picture quality. 

Also a move towards green screen, and more powerful editing software. 

The portability of the phone compared to the bulk of the camera bag and other bits and pieces. 

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 🥁 @about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Peto_Peter
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Did I win ?

EdBrigh_1791994
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Can I watch shows more better then any other phone?