YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

GioCiampa
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

"What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?"

Probably the Nokia Communicator - at the time a mind-blowing bit of kit, but some of the modern takes just haven't quite worked....

ajpotter
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love the iPhone if just for FaceTime and airdrop!

PhoebeW_1872676
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I wish they had super cool high tech tamagotchis

PhoebeW_1872676
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I wish they had super cool high tech tamagotchis 

BlackShaddow
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Current Fav. bit of tec. (1) My Wireless Router/Hub, Configured with my "SMARTY" sim, 2/3/4/5 Gen WiFi, USB-Hub (currently with 2TB SSD), Connected to my Cat 7 1 GB Network, Phone RJ11 to base station, to 6 wireless phones. Essential for a House bound, Disabled, often Bed bound, recovering Tea lover.

3D VR System, allows me go around the World/Uinverse Virtual-World, and do some DnD etc level creation.

MY NAS unit, Whooo!  Storage.

Number 1 ....  Super tec.  Unsurpassable, kettle. 

-------------------

Classic Device to re-enable

My eyes, So I can read again, and not struggle reading Resister and other componant values.

------------------------------

Future features from Mobile Tech

Seamless connection, to Storage (no limit on system or storage memory), open ended upgrade to features that "Suddenly appear as add-ons", Drop the Profiteering, and be like SMARTY,  giving a good excellent value service.

Quin452
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Ooh, I can answer all 3 questions easily here.

What I enjoy with my current set of devices is how they can sync up together. Granted, there are some issues with certain devices/apps (looking at you, Garmin) which are restrictive, but the fact that I can go from my computer to my phone is a great help, especially for work.

• What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
    Honestly, I have a copious amount of old devices.  From old computers to old phones and tablets.
    Ideally, being able to update these and use them for other uses would be great!  However, that is not the nature of technology, and the hardware just stops being supported (luckily, I'm a bit of a tinkerer, and can usually squeeze more life out of a machine than its intended span).

The biggest thing for me is power and portability.  If there was a true convergence of mobile and desktop, that would be great!  I have Bluetooth peripherals and USB C monitors, so if it could be the case that I can use my phone as a workstation, it would mean I wouldn't need my laptop to do work when out and about (granted, it is a very light laptop).
    But the idea of basically having a computer in my pocket and being able to do everything on it (including programming) would be great!

Marana_1742206
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my device because I am able to use it for several things such as watching high quality movies using netflix or amazon prime.  I can listen to my favourite podcasts and music though spotify or amazon music. Also I can play high performance games. In future I would like to see a cooling fan implemented into the devices to stop the devices from over heating.

AmineKh_1730776
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The better thing they ever made is Siri, I love using it for everything I need it especially in The car, but she don’t wanna drive for me 🥲

LisaSch_1605012
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love being able to save my pics straight in to google photos so that they don't have to take up too much memory on my device.  Another thing I find very useful is being able to put a sleep timer on my device so I can fall asleep listening to some tunes without worrying about my phone not switching off 🙂

Carole53
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am an Apple person, not because I chose to be , but because everyone in family are, so I had to join in.  I am now a convert.  I love my iPad as I can sit in my comfy chair and communicate with family and friends, watch all those TV shows that I have missed, with my headphones on, not disturbing anyone.

An updated version of my old Samsung phone with the slider cover over the keys, would be great, but best of all would be a long lasting battery😀

Tricia_TD
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Apple Tags because they help me find the things I usually lose!

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

My old NEC 900 PDA was way ahead of its time. I'd love to have seen it updated.

cix
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech is my Sony earbuds(WF1000XM4 - Sony please make normals product names). They are hands down the best earphones I’ve ever used, too sound quality, great ANC and a strong battery life.

I would have said the Motorola razer but they already did that, I don’t think it sold well though.

I want higher refresh rate screens to be more mainstream, I liked the IR blasters on the Samsung phones a few years back too.

MarkStan_831126
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love any new tech at the moment it would  be my dji drone  or my sonar for fishing

Skie
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd love to see iPhones with USB-C ports (I know, might happen soon)

KevinDickinson
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Favourite but if tech - Echo Dot

ability to play music simply by naming the song

TV so it could show pictures in 3D

Ability to fly on an electric bicycle to avoid traffic

MarkDrev_820287
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best tech is my iPhone, very fast and amazing camera.

PaulChr_1700374
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I used to love my Motorola flip phone pity they won't come back.

TaraWhit_317448
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My Amazon HD fire is the best tech ever!! Just wish you could take it out in the sun without it over heating. I've had my for years now, it's still going strong but needs updating,  but I can't let go of it !!! 

Barchy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a One plus 8, fantastic value, and super smooth to use. Best phone I've owned. 

Kirstine_961108
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my Samsung phone as I can take great slow motion pictures and then share with my friends 

Kirstine_961108
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my laptop as it enables me to make things on my laser cutter 

DavidPo_1207818
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have not g9 plus battery life in more important to me .but it's getting old now so would love new phone . Not sure about old tech.but future tech solid state batteries that charge in mins. and last up to 5000 cycles . And phones that you can replace the battery . I know back cover would be a plastic but would be great . 

SRH13RE
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • Love my S20+ for its camera - not the most up-to-date compared the to the new ones but great quality for my use.
  • Most of the classic devices I would use have been done already - retro games consoles.
  • SOLAR CHARGING! Either through the screen somehow or via the back panel of your phone. Increased battery life and semi-sustainable.

PeterMo_1636662
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Love most about your current devices? I use a tablet, I love the large screen on it, easy to see when I'm on the go.

Classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? FM radio replaced with DAB radio, not an app, but built into the device.

Future features would you like to see from mobile tech? For me it would be a less interactive experience,  just basic email, satnav and a good camera.

MrMas
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Has to be my Samsung Galaxy buds 2. £79 for something that literally changed my life and thats the active noise cancellation that works. 😃

hansolo
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love the fact that I can ask Siri things from the other room of my house! I also like the fact that the lock screens on iPhones are so much more customizable!

I wish that iPhones would have individual volume controls for media, ringers/notifications and alarms (like they do on Android!) in the control center, or when you press the volume buttons.

I'm looking forward to USB-C hopefully coming on the iPhone (finally!) this year.

hansolo
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love that I can call Siri from the other room and it will still hear me! I also love that lock screens on iPhones are now more customisable with different colours and wallpaper galleries.

I am excited to see (hopefully and finally) USB-C on iPhones this year!

Sorry, I accidentally replied twice to the prize draw as didn't realise I had to verify my email before it could be sent lol

hope this doesn't screw my chances. sorry!

pugsben
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Has to be my smart watch . Never wore a watch really till I finally got a smart watch . Amazing how it knows my sleep patterns heart rate steps I do ect . Even can pay for things in shops with it . Which is very novel to me lol 

ChrisJonMcNair
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Most technology in my house has caused me problems of some kind of been faulty however, when it works I do like Google Home as it allows me to be more productive.

I think projector technology has alot of potential however for it to take off and replace TV's it will have to perform better with ambient light.

I would like to see the end of the camera screen cutout and I would like to see the headphone jack come back.

ChrisJonMcNair
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Alot of tech in my current home has broken or been faulty however, when it works, Google Home helps me to be more productive.

I would like to see projector technology updated to perform well under more ambient light as I think that is a big reason why people get a TV instead of a projector.

I would like to see the camera cutout in the screens disappear at some point and I would like to see the headphone jack come back.

Stratis_1028454
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

If technology barriers were no issue, I would definitely upgrade the classic Motorola v50 flip-phone.  I bought this back in 1998-1999 in uni, and it was my first phone.  I had saved up money from working at a job in the college library, and I remember the feeling I got when I bought it, unboxed it, and held it my hands for the first time - it was just a rush!  It was just so tiny and chic, yet functional.  I felt like a different person when "flipping" it open when I received a call or a text when I was in a crowd.  
So, this would be my phone to upgrade, not only for nostalgic purposes, but it shows a time when you were witnessing technology about to explode into something we couldn't fathom yet back then.  Exciting times...

RoyT
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my new to me Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. Its faster and bigger screen area than previous phone. 

DKofC
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I would love to see a compltely rollable phone in the future, a "scroll" phone if you will. Benefits of a big screen with it taking very little space!

JamesSt_1876212
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love all android devices watches, phones and all my moto G7 loads of battery life.

PhilipS_1801472
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Samsung Galaxy A53 5G because I can watch netflix, nowtv. Would love future phone to add top of the screen LED for SMS, Email etc rather than always on display can be hit and miss. Bigger battery 6000mAh for full two days.

Chrisce_1097061
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love using the camera element of my phone. A pull out powerful telescopic lens could be fun!

RobertaV_336750
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The things the I love the most about my apple devices are their user-friendliness and design. They are very intuitive to use and beautiful!

Shely
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Chromebook. The minute I switched to it, from Windows, I found within about 10 minutes of use just how quick and easy home computing can be. And even when it automatically updates, it's effortless and doesn't compromise the system unlike Windows has done to me personally in the past.

A classic tech device I would love to see updated is the great record/vinyl player - yes I know you could argue that they kinda have already but I mean combining the very best of the classic record player with today's advancements in music streaming.

And finally, from mobile tech in the future I would like to see advancements in VR.