YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

ManuelFer7004
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I currently love my Samsung Galaxy A52 because it's cheap and has some tech that you'd normally find on their high range phone series. The one classic device I'd like to see updated is Samsung S4 Zoom because it's a funny looking phone and it can be updated to the latest tech in terms of its camera lens that zooms out and turns into a professional camera. A feature that I'd like to see in the future is phones that can last longer than 5 years and phones that can be rebuild easily by replacing the old tech with new one with a few easily removable parts. 

Foolish_938344
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Camera - now when I'm out and about I can capture anything I want. Being able to connect to the www seamlessly while out and about is awesome

RobSpark_524442
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I would love mobile tech to be able to relay information, map routes and video features directly to the eyes via a connected pair of glasses to a small area of the lens allowing the tech to communicate whilst you carry on with your normal daily tasks.

ColinHu_1728857
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love that i can listen to music 24/7 anywhere i want to

Sadcadaver
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung A10 tablet, even though it's getting old now. I can watch films, shows or YouTube in bed, and it's convenient.

I'd like phones in the future to act like tricorders in Star trek, so you can just scan yourself when you're feeling ill!

AgnesBa_1725208
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my kindle paperwhite, can take it anywhere, read books or any documents I need

CarlosGo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to see some of the future features of mobile phones to include shatterproof screens, a universal charging port e.g. USB-C, a week long battery life, a secure way to both hold and operate the phone one handed, and a voice controlled camera function for zooming, exposure, focus and to take the actual picture itself (for both front and back cameras).  

CharltonCardeno
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Poco F3 as it packs a lot of features for a fraction of a price like 120hz refresh rate, great camera for my usage. I'd like to see Nokia come up new technology as they dominate the market before Iphone was a thing. For future features, I would like to see a battery that would last a smartphone for 2r hours just like the old days wherein you do not have to charge everyday.

PeterWh_1550878
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Samsung galaxy M30s and the Fingerprint login which seems so many Apps are now supporting (I just want SMARTY to figure out why I can't receive text messages from certain people - like my Doctors! 

RonnieMa_777889
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

All tech is great but if there is no connectivity it is not much use, got to say my favorite in recent times would be my 30GB SMARTY Sim which provides a network connection for all devices in my car and also an effective backup for my home connection should it not be available for any reason

AlanD
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone SE 2022, it's small, has fingerprint recognition, which is seamless for logging into online banking apps, a good enough camers for me, and the battery life is good (when I turned off 5G!)

TimMcDo_1447310
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite piece of tech has to be my oculus quest VR headset. Throughout the years there have been jumps in technical advancement, in the 80's it was gaming consoles, in the 2000's was smart phones and in the 2020's it has been advancements in virtual and augmented reality. Where it goes next I have no idea but am excited for it. 

As for what I would like to see in the future of mobile tech is a way to incorporate your phone into virtual reality. Imagine, sitting there at your virtual desk and your physical phone rings and you will be able to see it through your headset and be able to pick it up and read what's on the screen without having to remove your headset to check. That would be awesome. That and also a much better battery life where one charge will last at least 4 days with heavy use but major advancements in battery technology would have to come along for this to be a reality. 

AndriyK_546555
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've got a Poco F3 work's good with Smarty, but in central London sometimes signal is weak.

Keita
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung Galaxy S20 as it help me to to lots of things.

DFernando
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Would love to see an uptodate version of a Nokia 3310.

Karen_203935
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I miss my old iPod- just being able to listen to music without the distraction of emails, messages etc. I’d love it if they could be updated!  I really super heavily on my iPhone now - great until I lost it recently 😞 

awhpaul
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the lack of bloatware on my Pixel. Some of the manufacturers go way over the top. Mobile tech tends to lead the way but i'd love to see that processing power more readily accessible. Samsung Dex is an amazing idea but the interface just isn't quite desktop enough yet.

Jennife_1582424
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bit of tech at the moment is my Iphone. Pretty easy to use and the camera on it takes amazing photos

DavidSin_104722
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Must be our SMARTY SIMs. The European roaming is so important to us. We travel a lot and the combination of roaming, great prices and a family shared bill. Unbeatable.

RiikkaT_1562285
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite is my tablet - as it is so convenient and quite a multitasker. Light to travel with, bigger screen to watch tv-series or navigate maps (than normal phone), suitable to reading and writing ect.  

Catrina_1051393
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that I can keep in touch with people at the other side of the world from the comfort of my pocket. I'd bring back the durability of the Nokia 5110...you could through it against a brick wall and the wall would come off worse! I'd love to see tech advance to the stage where I can take professional quality street photography with a smart phone device. Many thanks!

Bigtechboy66
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? = Has to be touch ID. Remembering passwords is a pain with my lack of memory!
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? = A bit left field, but the PS1 - childhood memories!
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? = Honestly cant think of anything, does everything i need!

021191jay
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The possibility of not having a smart phone at hand and using AR glasses would be great.  Nothing to hold and but everything infront of your eyes all the time.

Also Holographic video calls ( something similar to Star wars) where you no longer have to be looking into a screen to see the person, instead the hologram of the person appears infront of you.

Wouldnt that just be amazing.....

andysmi_1057526
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
    Having an amazing camera with me wherever I go is something that I try not to take for granted. Particularly using portrait mode to capture my children's early years.

MalikAwan786
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Galaxy S20Ultra as its high end cameras, speed and features.

JillSea_1084308
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my kindle e reader. I can read anywhere I go, on the beach, in the bath, in bed or on the train. Always have a book on the go, including old favourites that feel like old friends!   

I like my phone to be there for when needed to shop play games and make calls,texts etc

SmartySmarty
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My favourite bit of tech is my Smarty sim

MY FAVOFURITE PART OF MY TECH IS MY SIM AS I GET ALL THE INFO THAT I NEED OFF THIS SIM,AS WITH ALL THE OTHER SERVICES THAT I'VE USED HAVE LOST THEIR SPEED AND OFTEN CUT YOU OFF AND THEN YOUR LEFT BY RINGING YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER AND ASKING THEM TO PUT YOU BACK ON,WHICH SEEMS TO BE A PAIN IN THE **bleep**,WITH SMARTY I HAVE NEVER BEEN CUT OFF AND NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION TO RING THEM ABOUT MY TECH,SO 10 OUT OF 10 SMARTY.

SonaLad_1299083
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The camera (all the things you can do with the photos and videos), able to watch live TV, programs and movies, also battery life is what I love the most of my current mobile.

ShaunLa_1439536
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Kind of boring but my smartphone is my buddy. From finances, shopping, reminders, music, social media, work, and the camera. I'd be lost without it.

It is getting a little tired and could do with a new one soon. One thing I don't like is the transition from one to another, It's mostly painless. (Android)

JemimaEp_800614
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite would be my phone (Xiaomi Redmi) where I catchup with my friends through Social Media and Messaging

NicolaK_1621258
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love the inclusion of a high quality camera on my mobile!

muldydoona
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I really like NFC payments through the phone, combined with tracking the purchases because of that.

Also took a while to get used to a fingerprint scanner behind the screen, but now I'm used to it, its really helpful for unlocking the phone but also securing some applications with fingerprint logins.

timontrak
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like my Acer Chromebook as it is quick to use, and can double up as laptop and tablet.

Brookhouse
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I love the face ID unlocking, and that I can keep my supermarket loyalty cards and payment methods on my phone - never caught without cash or a credit card anymore.

I would really like to be able to switch between larger and smaller devices, with the same phone number, depending on my activity. So if I'm out running I'd take a small device, but on a train or plane I'd use the larger device. 

NicolaK_1621258
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love having a high res camera on my mobile

ClaireS_1258055
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPhone it has a great camera and I can sync it with my computer for ease of upload. 

DerekFra_200147
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Tenda 4g Sim Hub, simply because it accepts a SMARTY sim.

Kerri_Fear
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do you love most about your current devices?

Samsung make it very easy to transfer across phones and the ux is easy and flexible for how I need my phone to work.

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?

Sega mega drive!

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Better interactivity with other tech like car systems so I can ask it to take notes or set reminders for later etc. I'd also love a feature that reminded me when I'm not on WiFi when I'm in a location where I'm normally on WiFi.